Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yamadera, time recommended? 2015/9/11 18:21
Hi,
I will be doing a side trip to Yamadera from Tokyo on my way up to Hachinohe.

I was wondering how much time would you recommend to spend there?

The earliest train arrives by 9 AM in Yamadera station.

I would suggest to leave Yamadera around 1-2 PM

Would that be enough or too stressful?
by Yamadera (guest)  

Re: Yamadera, time recommended? 2015/9/11 19:06

5 hours would be plenty.
We spent less than 3 hours .
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamadera, time recommended? 2015/9/12 13:19
Could you please tell me.
Is it possible to do in 1 day from sendai, in the morning go to Naruko gorge and in the afternoon to Yamadera? Then back to Tokyo. Thanks alot
by Huong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamadera, time recommended? 2015/9/16 17:48
Can any one answer for me pls?
by Huong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamadera, time recommended? 2015/9/16 18:25
@Huang

It isn't useful to comment on other people's posts usually. It is better to make a brand new post with your question.

However, Sendai to Naruko takes about 90 minutes using the shikansen, or 140 minutes by local train. From the station to Naruko Gorge, if you take a taxi or bus it is about 10 minutes to the gorge. Then, you'll probably be there for about an hour at the least, but more if you're planning to eat lunch. Conservatively, that's 3-4 hours.

You must go back to Sendai to get to Yamadera. So that's 90 or 140 minutes back to Sendai, then another hour to get to Yamadera if you time it well; the trains are only about 1 an hour. Time at Yamadera depends on how fast you rush up, so 1 hour at minimum but probably 2-3 or more is more likely.

Personally, this would never work for me.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread