Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

areas to currently avoid 2015/9/13 01:08
It is said to hear that Japan once again got stuck by a major disaster. :(
As I will be heading to Japan in October I'm now asking myself which areas I might avoid due to increased dangers (like landslides etc.) because of the flooding and heavy rain.
Some areas I want to visit seem to have received a quite massive amount.
It is a bit difficult to find information too. Everything I can find are more general maps.
So I wonder if any of these places are considered unsafe or better to be left out currently.
Maybe we could produce a list of areas that are not safe at the moment?

I'll be visiting these areas. I have seen maps that showed massive rain in Aomori and Miyagi seems to have flooded quite badly. Those are the two areas I'm mainly unsure about.

Osaka
Kyoto
Tokyo
Takaragawa
Akita
Shirakami Sanchi
Yamadera
Sendai
Inawashiro
Koriyama
Nagoya
Hiroshima
Yamaguchi
Beppu
Nobeoka
Takachiho
by WortPirat  

Re: areas to currently avoid 2015/9/13 12:04
It is said to hear that Japan once again got stuck by a major disaster. :(

It is nothing compared to the tsunami of 2011.

As I will be heading to Japan in October I'm now asking myself which areas I might avoid due to increased dangers (like landslides etc.) because of the flooding and heavy rain.

Almost no tourist areas were affected by the rain and flooding. Only Nikko, Kinugawa and Shiobara were somewhat affected. But even there, the actual tourist spots were not affected. The situation has mostly normalized. And the moisture in the soil will have returned to normal levels by October unless there will be additional heavy rains in the days before your visit.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: areas to currently avoid 2015/9/15 04:13
it has never been my intention to compare it to that.
when my country has floodings hardly any people die, so that's why I would call it major when there are some dead already and several still missing.
There are also people you not only go to the major tourist areas.
by WortPirat rate this post as useful

Re: areas to currently avoid 2015/9/16 09:05
Glancing at your itinerary I'd say you're unlikely to even notice any damage. I think you should be fine. :)
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread