Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/13 17:02
I notice that all Hotels proudly advertise a massage service. Has anyone used these services? Are they for foreigners? Is English spoken and what kind of massage do you get? Do you pay the Hotel or the masseur? Any feedback appreciated, thank you in advance.
by Barrieaw  

Re: Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/13 19:29
Has anyone used these services?

Yes, I have used it.

Are they for foreigners?

It is available to people of all nationalities.

Is English spoken and what kind of massage do you get?

It is generally unlikely that the masseur speaks good English. You lie down and the masseur pushes your body, including back, arms and legs. I am afraid my massage related vocabulary is very limited.

Do you pay the Hotel or the masseur?

It may depend on the hotel. Usually, it is possible to pay the masseur directly. In some hotels it may also be possible to charge it to the room. The latter is not possible at the no-frill business hotels.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/13 21:00
Many hotels does not have there own massage service, they do advertise, but will assign a particular massage shop to do the massage, this is a contact between the hotel and massage center, the hotel will get a certain % of shares from the service, or a set payment for every recommendation.

I remember getting a massage service for about 26000 yen for a 90-100 minutes massage, they are really expensive and the massage I had wasn't very good, that is for me, but other companies probably will give a better massage.

I'm sure there are many massage shops on the street may offer a better service at a cheaper price, many massage place in the streets in ueno and Shinjuku area might not be Japanese, but Chinese, Taiwan or Thai.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/13 22:43
They normally provide chiropractic service as you need. The accommodation calls chiropractitioner of outside to visit the accomodation. The payment can be done as you check out there. The accomodation pays later to the practitioner.
The service doesn't contain any sexual meaning service.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/14 07:33
The payment can be done as you check out there.

At some hotels that is not possible, and you have to pay the practitioner directly.

I remember getting a massage service for about 26000 yen for a 90-100 minutes massage

That is a rather expensive massage. At the average hotel, the cost is a little over 1000 yen per 10 minutes, e.g. 4000 yen for 30 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/14 08:38
It depends on the hotel and the specific service provider, but generally speaking: at business hotels where they do not have any on-site massage/esthetic salon where you GO to get a massage, the hotel will call a masseur (outside service provider) to come to your room. In this case, in most cases I've experienced, you pay the masseur directly (and in cash). That tends to be, yes, 1,000 yen per 10 minutes (minimum tends to be about 30 minutes) or a bit more.

If the hotel has its on massage/esthetic salon where you go to get your massage, then that's a different style.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Massage Service 2015/9/14 19:20
Exactly some massage provider don't give massage they hire another massage shops.
by gany67 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread