Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enquiry about transportation 2015/9/13 20:50
I'm traveling to Osaka for 1 nights, Kyoto 2 nights and Tokyo 3 nights so I'm wondering should I use day pass in each city or just travel individually from each point to another point? My itinerary plan as below,

Osaka - Will get 1 day pass which include some facilities with free entrances

Kyoto 2 days - Should I get 2 days pass or Kansai Thru pass ? Which is worth ?

Tokyo- shibuya/harajuku/disneyland/ginza/odaiba/hakone/asakusa temple ( should I get jr pass ? Or toei and metro ? )
by Kelvin Wong (guest)  

Re: Enquiry about transportation 2015/9/14 12:58
If you are doing a round trip between Tokyo and the Kansai area, a 7-day JR Pass will pay off for your travel between the cities. You can also use it on some public transport. For normal itineraries, for public transport within cities it is usually most cost-effective to just use an IC card rather than any passes - it can be difficult to make day passes pay off.

In Kyoto, the pass to look at would be the 1-day bus pass.

The Kansai Thru Pass and JR Pass are designed to include some long-distance travel (i.e. between cities) in order to make them pay off.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread