Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Towada Cruise 2015/9/14 01:24
I will be staying at Yakeyama along Oirase Stream in late October and would like to do a cruise on the lake.

1) I understand there are 2 courses for the cruise.
Should I do the one around the lake or between Nenokuchi and Yasumiya ?

2) Assuming the latter course, should I catch the JR bus to Nenokuchi followed by a cruise to Yasumiya, then return by JR bus directly from Yasumiya ?
Just thinking of the crowds etc since it is autumn foliage season then.

3) I assume I should normally be able to get on the JR bus from Yakeyama to Lake Towada easily ?

4) Should I reserve the cruise in advance ?

Thank you.
by lifesucketh  

Re: Lake Towada Cruise 2015/9/14 18:50
1) I understand there are 2 courses for the cruise.
Should I do the one around the lake or between Nenokuchi and Yasumiya?

Depends on your itinerary. They both follow some of the best parts of the coastline, so i'd probably choose whichever fits the rest of the trip better.

2) Assuming the latter course, should I catch the JR bus to Nenokuchi followed by a cruise to Yasumiya, then return by JR bus directly from Yasumiya ?

Sure, that's a good option, but I'd consider walking at least part of the stream.

Just thinking of the crowds etc since it is autumn foliage season then.

It's never been too crowded when I've been there. But your experience may vary.

3) I assume I should normally be able to get on the JR bus from Yakeyama to Lake Towada easily ?

Yes, there are plenty of buses. You could also walk.

4) Should I reserve the cruise in advance ?

No need. They are big boats, and I don't think they sell out.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Lake Towada Cruise 2015/9/14 19:14
Many thanks yllwsmrf.

I will be with my mother, hence walking the entire length of Oirase stream will be quite a challenge with her.
However, we do intend to walk short stretches of the stream; which parts do you highly recommend ?

I understand there are numerous waterfalls along the stream; which are the ones not to be missed ?

Cheers.
by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread