Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo 16 day itinerary 2015/9/14 19:59
Hi everyone!
I'd like your opinion on my 16 day itinerary to Japan this year during November and December as I'd like to see the red leaves this time round as I had just missed the leaves last year. I've already booked my accommodation in all 3 cities and I plan to travel with a 14 day JR pass.

Day trips:
Osaka accommodation
22/11 - arrive at Kansai at 7.20am -explore osaka using 2 day osaka pass
23/11 - osaka 2 day pass
24/11 hiroshima + miyajima (start date of 14 day JR pass)
25/11 himeiji + kobe
26/11 arashiyama

kyoto accommodation
(Ifll be staying near fushimi inari shrine)
27/11 eastern kyoto: Kiyomizudera, Higashiyama Streets, kodaji temple, gion
28/11 northern kyoto: kinkakuji, ryoanji, ninnaji
29/11 asuka or nara (havenft made up my mind yet)
30/11 korankei
01/12 okayama

tokyo accommodation
02/12 travel from kyoto to shinjuku, drop luggage at hotel and do 1/2 day - kawagoe
03/12 kamakura
04/12 Rikugien garden, asakusa temple, ameyokocho
05/12 gotemba outlet
06/12 shibuya, harajuku, akihabara
07/12 disneysea tokyo
08/12 leave tokyo at 9am

Also do you think I should get an ICOCA pass for all the non JR lines just so I could eliminate the hassle of buying tickets?

I'd really appreciate all your opinions and suggestions :)

Thank you!
by loocy  

Re: Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo 16 day itinerary 2015/9/15 13:11
An IC card is definitely recommended, it will make travel on the non-JR lines much less of a hassle!

Okayama is closer to Hiroshima than Kyoto; maybe consider moving Okayama up a bit.

Have you checked to see if the 14-day JR Pass will pay off? Are you flying out of Tokyo or Kansai?
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo 16 day itinerary 2015/9/15 14:33
Thanks for your reply sq!
Ifve calculated the fares using hyperdia and the 14 day JR pass just about pay offs with all the side trips Ifll be making.
I was initially planning to go to Okayama on the 26/11 but was worried I might miss the red leaves at Arashiyama so I moved it further down. Can you please suggest any places closer to kyoto to visit instead of Okayama?
by loocy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread