Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo-Hakone-Mt.Fuji-Nagoya 2015/9/16 00:07
I obtained 14 days JR Pass. Please adv most cost effective travel for above. Staying 1 night in Hakone and 1 night in Mt.Fuji.
by Low (guest)  

Re: Tokyo-Hakone-Mt.Fuji-Nagoya 2015/9/16 10:21
I obtained 14 days JR Pass. Please adv most cost effective travel for above. Staying 1 night in Hakone and 1 night in Mt.Fuji.

The most cost effective travel for that itinerary is NOT using the JR Pass. I'd suggest returning it and using a combination of regular tickets paired with either a hakone free pass, fuji hakone pass, or similar for the fuji/hakone section instead. Otherwise you're overpaying by several ten thousand yen for your train travel.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Hakone-Mt.Fuji-Nagoya 2015/9/16 10:25
What do you mean by Mt. Fuji? When people say Mt. Fuji they can mean anything from climbing the mountain itself, to the surrounding areas of Hakone, Fuji Five Lakes (Kawaguchiko is the most popular place to stay in that area), or say Fujinomiya. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6900.html

Also, are you flying out of Nagoya or Tokyo?
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Hakone-Mt.Fuji-Nagoya 2015/9/16 11:10
1 night in Mt.Fuji

For 99% of posters this means that they will travel via Kawaguchiko and stay in the area, as practically no one stays in Fujinomiya.

Here's a sample itinerary:

Tokyo
Mt Fuji (Kawaguchiko, via the Fuji Hakone Pass or regular tix depending on how much time you want to spend in the area)
Hakone (arrive by bus from Kawaguchiko via Gotemba, depart by train to Odawara)
Nagoya (train via Odawara)
Fly out or return to Tokyo via train
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread