Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/16 03:05
It is my first time visiting Japan & i'm having difficulty trying to obtain the timings for Donan Bus/Chuo departing from Sapporo Bus Station heading for Noboribetsu. (I'm aware that I can take the train but it is too costly!)

Intend to leave Sapporo by 11 am in January 2016.
by Shahidah  

Re: Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/16 10:37
There is one bus per day departing at 14:00.

http://donanbus.co.jp/citybus/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2013/11/4%E7%...

Note that the bus costs the roughly same as the local trains, and can cost the same as the faster limited express trains if you can utilize the discounted S-Kippu tickets (recommended). More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6753.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/16 13:45

If you are staying overnight in Noboribetsu, check with your hotel/ ryokan if they have pick up bus from Sapporo.
I stayed at 2 different hotels a few years ago, and they both provided complimentary shuttles from Sapporo.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/16 15:40
Unfortunately, they (Kashoutei Hanaya) don't provide a shuttle from Sapporo (noticed that some ryokans will mention it on their website/booking websites) but i'll double check. For example, Daiichi's timing depart at 2pm from Sapporo. :(

Noted on the bus timing, seems unfavourable as I will only reach my ryokan by 4pm (or slightly earlier). As I will be in Nobo for a night, I think i will opt to take the train and make use of an entire day exploring nearby sights! Just trying to decide on the pass..
by Shahidah rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/16 21:08
Noboribetsu is a small place. I doubt it takes more than 2 hours to see all the sites, considering your visit is in January, I doubt that you can do the nature trail to oyunuma, therefore less time needed.

I am at noboribetsu today, staying at kiyomizuya, arrive at 11.30am and complete the whole nature trail at 2pm, then spent another hour to walk around the town.

In the winter, I think arriving at 4pm is enough time, especially if you spent the night there.
by chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/17 00:13
Hi Chris, thanks for the heads up! I thought it would be nice to explore the area before it gets dark due to shorter day time in winter.

At present my itinerary is as follows:

1130 - Arrive at Nobo Onsen by JR train + bus
2pm - Check in

Planned for Oyunuma and Hell Valley prior to check in but seems that the former might not be accessible? Will take note of that :)

Thereafter would just involve walking around before/after dinner is served (not too sure about dinner time too!)
by Shahidah rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo Bus Station to Noboribetsu 2015/9/17 16:16
Just got back from noboribetsu.
Chitose Hokkaido to noboribetsu Stan is 3200yen with seat reservation.

Jr lady told me hyperdia is inaccurate for pricing non reserved seats at 1140 yen.

by Rogerr (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread