Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is is Possible to do Kyoto Walks in One Day? 2015/9/17 04:43
I will be in Osaka between 10/28 thru 11/02 and planning to explore Kyoto. Is it possible to cover everything in the Kyoto Walks in One Day ?http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-503.pdf
If not, any suggestions what to see from the map in 2 days?
Where should I start/end? Best train options from Osaka?

Thanks so much for the help!!!!
by Jeanne Bone (guest)  

Re: Is is Possible to do Kyoto Walks in One Day? 2015/9/17 11:35
1. which train station of Osaka? Shin-Osaka? Umeda? Osaka? Namba? Tennoji?
It is impossible to do all that walking in a day. Even if you are just walking and not doing any sightseeing, it is impossible.
Map 1 would take about 2.5 hours with detours if you can walk fast without photo bombing
From Map 1's Nanzenji it takes about 25 minutes to walk to Heian Shrine, Map 2's starting point. Map 2 would take anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours. This is as browsing the small cutesy stores and popping into the temples would take some time.

Map 3 and 4 can be done together. Starting from Kinkakuji and ending at Ninnanji (Map 4), then taking the Raiden or JR line to Arashiyama (Map 3). Map 4 would take about 3 hours. Map 3 would take the rest of your time. You can either walk or bus through Map 4.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is is Possible to do Kyoto Walks in One Day? 2015/9/17 11:56
Hello.
I think it is impossible to see all Kyoto one day by walking.
There are many attractions in Kyoyo and those attractions spread many areas in Kyoto.
I recommend at least you should have all two days in Kyoto.
One day you can see for example Higashiyama area and around this area,another day you can see Arashiyama area and around there.
Also There are many other areas in Kyoto.
by Pembroke Welsh Corgi rate this post as useful

Re: Is is Possible to do Kyoto Walks in One Day? 2015/9/18 00:56
Thank you both! Joshua, I'm staying right across from the Tennoji Station. Thank you!!
by Jeanne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is is Possible to do Kyoto Walks in One Day? 2015/9/18 11:13
Tennoji. I stayed there one night at the boarding house. Super cheap and really bare. There is some shopping, about three small department stores about the train station. It is homely and represents olden Osaka.

However, it does not have direct access to Kyoto besides the airport line. If you are doing Maps 1 & 2, Ginkakuji opens at 8:30. Taking the bus and train into consideration, it would be best to leave Tennoji at 7:00. You can grab breakfast at Kyoto station mall. There are Konbinis and pastry/coffee places.

If you start early. you can end early. If you are a speedster, you can squeeze in either Fushimi Inari (train south from Kiyomizudera) or Arashiyama's bamboo grove. Kinkakuji, Ryoanji, and Ninnanji would not be possible due to them closing at 5pm. Unless you are using taxi and walk really fast!

Other options:
On Map 1 do pop by Eikando and Honen-in. There is also Shinneydo.
On Map 2, near Heian-Shrine there are a number of museums.
If you are going to Shichijo station from Kiyomizudera there is the Kyoto Museum. This is the museum to go if you only have time for one.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread