Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 16:12
HI

I would like to visit the SCMaglev and Railway Park with my family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). however, the place seems to be accessed by only the Aonami Line (other than taking a cab). and the Aonami line is not covered under the 1 day travel pass. as a result, it is very costly for us to travel to and from Yabacho station to the railway park. will cost 5310 yen just on transport alone. would like to ask, is there any discount train ticket that covers Aonami Line? and if we were to take a taxi from Sakae to the railway park, how much will the taxi fee be? thank you.
by SPYAP  

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 17:21
will cost 5310 yen just on transport alone.

It will cost 5900 round trip.

would like to ask, is there any discount train ticket that covers Aonami Line?

It seems that it is not part of any pass.

and if we were to take a taxi from Sakae to the railway park, how much will the taxi fee be?

About 5500 yen one way plus tolls if you use the expressway. I'd recommend taking the train.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 17:22
Just a sec, how old are your kids? They might qualify for children's discounts on the train.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 17:26
HI

my kids are 16, 14 and 10. I counted half price for my youngest but full price for my 2 older boys. which is why i got a lower figure... i just realised that the tickets from Yabacho to Nagoya can be covered under the one day pass so i should use one day pass for that and then buy another ticket from Nagoya to Kinjofuto on the aonami line...
by SPYAP rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 17:37
I hope you are just penny-pinching and your budget is not actually so tight that 1000 yen per person is "very costly" for you, otherwise you might have bigger problems. That's about what you could spend in food for one day, for example, if you are careful. And food is every day, not just once... In general, one can imagine countless circumstances in which you would have to unexpectedly spend much more than that.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 17:57
I agree with Firas. The rail fare is totally reasonable in order to visit this great attraction. You will have to pay about the same for admission. Just past the museum you can see the huge automobile transport ships.

You will also spend about the same amount of money for lunch for the same number of people (Hint: buy the museum lunch at the restaurant and then go outside to eat the lunch on the trainset there -- you can do the same at the Omiya museum).

I'm sure you know that the old rail museum in Osaka at Bentencho station is closed, and that all the exhibits are being moved to the expanded museum in Kyoto, which will open next year.

The existing Umekoji rail museum is within walking distance of Kyoto station.

The JR Rail museum just past Omiya via the people mover is also a great place to visit.

The best selection of preserved Shinkansen is at the Nagoya museum, so I would recommend it, regardless of cost. Vacations can be expensive, but passing up a better attraction because of cost makes the trip less worthwhile.

If all else fails, I can only assume/imagine that there is a bus route from Nagoya station to the museum.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 21:16
The Umekoji Steam Locomotive Museum is closed until the new museum opens next year, so it's not an option.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Aonami line 2015/9/17 21:32
@Rabbityama

Thank you for that update.

I've been following the museum's web site & Facebook page, and still didn't know they had completely shut down.

Apparently this happened a little less than 2 weeks ago.

Thanks again.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread