Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 weeks vacation this October 2015/9/18 19:00
Hi,
I will be travelling to Japan this coming Oct (13-26)
and here is my itinerary

Tue, 13 Oct 2015ARRIVE TOKYO NARITA
Wed, 14 Oct 2015 FUJI KAWAGUCHI
Thurs, 15 Oct 2015 DISNEY
Fri, 16 Oct 2015 TOKYO
Sat, 17 Oct 2015 IBARAKI
Sun, 18 Oct 2015 TATEYAMA KUROBO ALPINE ROUTE
Mon, 19 Oct 2015 KANAZAWA -SHIRAKAWAGO
Tue, 20 Oct 2015 KYOTO
Wed 21 Oct 2015 KYOTO
Thur, 22 Oct 2015 KYOTO-OSAKA
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 OSAKA
Sat, 24 Oct 2015 OSAKA-NARA-Nagoya-TOKYO
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 TOKYO
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 DEPART TOKYO at night - NARITA

after doing much reading and researching I have a few question regarding my travel through Japan hope you guys can help me and give me some inputs.

1. I heard there are floods in Ibaraki. Is it okei now? I am planing to go to Hitachi Seaside Park
2. can I explore shirikawago and kanazawa in one day only?
3. how long does it take to explore shirikawago (i will only be walking around the village and most probably not go to the museums etc)
4.Is it possible for me to go to both Arshimaya bamboo groove and Fushimi Inari in one day?
5. In Nara, besides nara park what other places should i go?
6. the main reason for me to go to nagoya is to visit Nabana No Sato,will it be open on the 24 oct ?(some research show that 24 oct will be the 1st day) is it going to take long? because i have to go back to Tokyo that day as my JR Pass is expiring on that date.

thank you guys,, and sorry for the long post and so many questions..
any other suggestions, tips, tricks, food to eat, places to go, anything basically are very most welcome

ARIGATOU GO SAIMAS
by cyjoe49  

Re: questions on my 2 wks vacation this Oct 2015/9/18 20:59
Hi,

I can't answer all your questions since I haven't been everywhere you're planning to go (yet).

But for Nara, you can spend a good day there. If you go to Nara park, you'll also be visiting the surrounding temples. When you've seen them, head past the park and climb Wakakusa mountain. The views from up there (especially the top) are amazing. There is a small entrance fee but well worth it.

Also, are you using a 7-day JR pass? Consider using a 14-day JRpass instead. You can use it from start to finish and seeing as you're going from and back to Narita, that alone is already 6000Yen (Using the JR line). That is excluding whatever trains you use in Tokyo (of which JR owns the most convenient ones).
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

Re: questions on my 2 wks vacation this Oct 2015/9/18 21:01
By the way, visiting Nara in-transit back to Tokyo isn't very smart. You're traveling from Osaka to Nara and then have to travel back to Kyoto to hop on the Shinkansen to Tokyo. Just traveling to Nara and back takes 1,5 hours so you'll be hard-pressed for time.
by DTryPleX rate this post as useful

reply to this thread