Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/10/23 22:11
Hi, first sorry for my bad english

I got a question about the Toyota Plant Tour or better some advice to get there. On the Toyota website they got an example for the route: from Nagoya to Okazaki with JR Tokaido line and from Okazaki to Mikawa-Toyota with the Aichikanjo line.

The problem is the changing time at okazaki, it's only 4 minutes after the JR train arrives, so i don't think thats enough time for me to find the right train and buy a ticket.

So maybe someone was already at the Okazaki Station and know how big it is? Or any tips to get easy and in time there? (Tour starts at 10:30)

Or someone know the how much is a taxi from Okazaki Station to Toyota Kaikan.

Maybe some people here already did the tour and can give me some advices.

Thank you very much.
by PeteZahat (guest)  

Re: Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/10/24 19:33
The access instructions are good and the transfer time is short but ok (small station). When you get to the destination easiest is to get a taxi to Toyota kaikan (museum) as the walk can be confusing.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/10/25 00:29
I assume you will transfer from JR to Aichi-Kanjo Tetsudo right?
It is possible to transfer in 4 minutes unless the train is behind scedule. If you miss the train at Okazaki, next train comes 20 or 30 mins after.

From the Mikawa Toyota, Toyota Kikan is about 20-25 mins walk.
(If you are Toyota related people with ID, you can use short cut though)

So I recommend you to go there early, just in case you miss the train or can't find a way to Toyota Kaikan.

If I were you, I will leave Nagoya station before 8:30.
by flower27 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/10/25 01:20
JR Tokai (Weekday schedule on October)
Nagoya 8:25 Okazaki 9:01
Nagoya 8:45 Okazaki 9:20
Nagoya 9:02 Okazaki 9:33

Aichi Kanjo Tetsudo (Weekdays and weekend schedule)
Okazaki 9:20 → Mikawa Toyota 9:47
Okazaki 9:38 → Mikawa Toyota 10: 04

You can buy ticket from Nagoya to Okazaki.
At the Okazaki station, you don’t have to buy Aichi kanjo testudo ticket. Both railways are in Okazaki staion, and it is small station. (Not like Nagoya station)
You can move another platform to take Aichi Kanjo tesudo train, and you can buy ticket from the staff on the train or pay additional fare at Mikawa Toyota. If there are only 4 mins, I recommend you to run after you get off JR train. Just remember, 4 mins is not enough time. Sometime you can successfully get on the next train, and sometime you won’t.

If you take 8:25 train from Nagoya, You will arrive Mikawa Toyota around 9:47. (Probaly you can be Toyota Kaikan around 10:20 if you don't lose your way )
It is a bit far away from the station to Toyota Kikan on foot, but it is possible. I recommend you to use your smart phone to navigate you or bring access map. It is about 20-25 mins on foot. It is a bit confusing to get there on foot for first time visitors, so if you can find a taixi infront of Mikawa Toyota, you can take a taxi. But Taxi are not always available. I am not sure about the fare but I guess it is about 1000 yen or so.

There are taxi stop in front of Mikawa Toyota, but sometimes, there are no taxi.

PS By the way, if you are going to Toyota commemorative museum of Industry and Technology, it is completely different location. It is in Nagoya. So make sure you are going right place.
by flower27 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/10/25 07:00
Forgot some details: date is 16.12.2015 the tour starts at 10:30
and i start in Kyoto. I guess i'll leave kyoto at 7:32 so that i'll arrive at 8:25 in Nagoya (Using the Railpass).

Thanks for your advice guys. I'll leave early from kyoto than and hope i'll find everything. On the toyota site are some pictures for the way and i'll use my smartphone.
by PeteZahat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/10/25 07:05
Edit: this is the recommended route from the Toyota site

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/about_toyota/facility/toyota_kaikan/access/...

by PeteZahat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyota Plant Tour in Nagoya 2015/11/3 22:28
I did the plant tour today. The published description to go to the site from the station is trivial to follow, and it takes about 10 minutes, 15 at maximum. Look at your favourite map service to get a view of the place, it is neither confusing nor long.

However, when I arrived from Nagoya at Okazaki, there was a huge crowd queuing for the Aichi tickets. It took 20 minutes to get a ticket. While just going on with the JR ticket and paying the reminder at Minakawa-Toyota might be an option if you actually have a ticket, the JRP users cannot use this option, so keep this in mind.

On the other hand, the tour actually starts at 11:00, and if you arrive at Toyota Kaikan some time between 10:30 and 11:00, you do not lose anything.
by Zvetiki (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread