Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/10/26 10:07
Hi,

We are planning to purchase a one day pass in Tokyo, will it get us to the station near Mount Takao? We will be arriving Tokyo on 6 Dec, it will be the winter time, is it too cold for us to hike at the mountain?

Thanks.
by Serene (guest)  

Re: Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/10/26 17:36
You can either access by JR Chuo line for Takao sta then switch to Keio line for Takao-san guchi sta(Mt Takao exit sta), or, Keio line direct service for Takeo-san guchi.
Mt Takao climbers normally take cablecar service from Kiyotaki sta where 5 mins walking distance from Takao-san guchi sta.
I don't know which rail pass you will purchase.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/10/27 08:45
Thank you for your prompt reply!
As we are only have 2 days in Tokyo, hence we do not plan to purchase any pass at all. We only plan to buy single trip to and fro Mt Takao to enjoy the view of Mt Fuji (my husband's dream).
by Serene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/10/27 15:43
I would recommend you to go by Keio line from Shinjuku to Takao-san guchi sta(47 - 60 mins, 390 Yen), then either you can walk to the summit or take cablecar or lift(both 480 Yen for single, 930 Yen for return) to the middle of Mt Takao and then walk to the summit depend on the weather condition.
It will be cold and rain can be expected all the time.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/10/28 18:41
Thank you for your advice!
Have a nice day!
by Serene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/11/3 12:16
If it is your husband's dream to see mount fuji, there are much closer and better locations. Do some research. I highly recommend Kawaguchiko. Much closer, much better photos.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6933.html
by bob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Mt Takao 2015/11/3 12:29
Mt. Takao is an amazing and fun hike! But ... if he's dreaming to see Fuji-san (as I was), Takao is not your best bet. It is not a guaranteed view, and I could barely make it out when I hiked it in November 2010.

I realize that the japan-guide page seen here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6933.html

Makes it seem like Takao is super vivid, but it really isn't. I could barely make it out through the clouds.

Since you're only in Tokyo for two days, I'm not sure what your other plans are ... I hate to be a wet blanket. Just be prepared that even though it's a fun hike, it might not be very visible. Or, it could be clear as day and prove me wrong!
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread