Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/28 19:31
Hello,
I'm travelling to Osaka early December, but before booking my hostel, I'd like to know if there are any places to avoid in Osaka (like the equivalent to Kabuki-cho in Tokyo).
Thanks !
by beccaB  

Re: Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/29 16:00
Shin-sekai(Naniwa-ku, Ebisu Higashi) which is near Tsu-ten kaku BLDG

Airin district(Seikan-ku)

JR Shin-Imamiya station(Naniwa-ku, Seinan-ku), near zoo park.

These places are probably alright at daytime but I don't recommend at evening or night to visit. All things can be expected to happen.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/29 19:25
Yes, I had heard about Shinimamiya.
Thanks for your help !
by beccaB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/29 23:45
i'm scared already... we are booked at hotel chuo near shinimamiya.... how come it should be avoided? what are the dangers?
by Owen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/30 08:37
Shin-Imamiya is a "slum" suburb, but even then it's not as bad as slum suburbs in other countries. I stayed at Hotel Chuo in Shin-Imamiya last year for one night as a single female without realising the reputation of the area, and had no issues! I arrived at night and walked to the hotel in the dark. I did notice a few homeless people, but never felt in any immediate danger. Keep your eyes open all the same, though.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/30 14:24
we will always arrive at night on our 4 days stay there. we will always bring our dlsr camera. would it be not recommended? i mean i don't usually bring s small bag for the camera
by Owen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to avoid in Osaka ? 2015/10/30 14:37
I can't comment accurately on that, having only spent one night there. Certainly, I never felt I would be robbed, but I don't dress flashily or show off my belongings.

Also, you should not hijack another person's thread asking your own questions - start a new one.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread