Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting to Hakone Alone 2015/10/30 17:36
Hi all,

I was looking into traveling to Hakone by myself, and I noticed on Odakyufs site that it says gyou cannot ride the Tokyo Metro Line aloneh and gYou cannot make reservations for Odawara to Hakone-Yumoto on the Hakone Tozan Line alone.h Does this only apply to the romance car, or can you really not go on any of the trains alone? Is the highway bus my only option for getting from Shinjuku to the Hakone Area?

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if Ifm missing anything, but Ifm just confused. Any clarification would be appreciated as I donft want to buy any tickets or passes if I wonft be able to use them. Thanks!
by gripple (guest)  

Re: Getting to Hakone Alone 2015/10/30 20:13
Solo travelers are indeed welcome!

What they mean is that you cannot take ONLY Tokyo Metro to Hakone because the line doesn't travel all the way there, and you can't make reservations for the romance car covering JUST the section between Odawa and Hakone-Yumoto.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakone Alone 2015/10/30 20:46
Haha, oh I see now. That makes a lot more sense! Thanks so much for clearing up my silly misunderstanding. :)
by gripple (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakone Alone 2015/10/31 00:29
"Haha, oh I see now. That makes a lot more sense! Thanks so much for clearing up my silly misunderstanding. :) "

It's not your misunderstanding, it's Odakyu's failure to have their English done by, or at least proof-read by, a native English speaker.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakone Alone 2015/11/2 17:10
Hi gripple,

did you already visit hakone?
I was planning to go there alone as well and was wondering if it is convenient to travel there by myself considering the fact that I do not speak any Japanese :D
by hgoel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakone Alone 2015/11/2 18:54
Hi hgoel! No, I havenft yet gone to Hakone, sorry I canft be of more help there. But people in general here are very helpful to tourists so Ifm sure youfll do just fine. :)
by gripple (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread