Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2Day JR West Pass 2015/10/30 17:44
Hi,

My travel itinerary as follows -
Day 1 - Arrive Kansai Airport, travel straight into Kyoto
Days 2 & 3 - 2 Full days Kyoto sightseeing
Day 4 - Kyoto to Osaka
Day 5 - USS Osaka
Day 6 - Osaka to Nara & back to Osaka
Day 7 - Osaka to Amira Onsen & back to Osaka
Day 8 & 9 - 2 Full days Osaka sightseeing
Day 10 - Depart Osaka via Itami Airport

Can anyone confirm if it's slightly cheaper to buy a 2 day JR West pass simply for Day1 (JR train to Kyoto) and Day 6 (Nara)? As compared to if I were to buy separate travelling tickets?

I am not sure if the 2D JR West pass can be used on separate days, not consecutively (unlike the 2D Kansai Thru Pass).

The Kansai Thru Pass doesn't seem to have express trains direct to Kyoto, and I don't want the hassle of changing lines with all my luggage. Hence my consideration not to buy this pass.

In addition, the cost of Kansai Thru Pass doesn't seem to cover the local sightseeing passes eg. Kyoto 2D sightseeing pass/Osaka Amazing pass, and even the cost for 2 days of long distance travel (kyoto, nara) just don't seem to add up to 4000Yen.

Can someone confirm which is the best cost options? JR West Pass or Kansai Thru Pass or individual passes and trains tix.

Thanks.

Regards
Swallow

by Swallow (guest)  

reply to this thread