Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about Tohoku 2015/10/30 21:54
Hello, I am planning my trip to Japan, I have questions about Tohoku, I was planning the following route:

Day 1: Arrive at Sendai and leave lugagge at locker. Pick train to Hon-Shioagama , arrive 11:34. Pick a boat trip to Matsushima kaigan and walk a bit at Zuiganji. Pick train back to Sendai , around 5 pm or 6 pm (I figured out that there are many trains)

Day 2: From Sendai pick train at 8 am and arrive 9 40 AM to Geibikei. Do the boat tour. Pick train from Geibikei and arrive at Hiraizumi at 14:50. Visit Hiraizumi , mainly Chusonji and Motsuji temples. Pick either 18:21 or 19:41 train back to Sendai.

Day 3: Leave lugagge at Sendai and go to Yamadera. I've heard that it's quite small the place. Any other place you can recommend me to visit around there? I plan to pick Shinkansen at 19:12 at Sendai Station?

So, mainly do you think the itinerary is doable? Second, anything to fill at day 3 after visit at Yamadera?
by Peter1986  

Re: Questions about Tohoku 2015/10/31 08:50
I would do day 2 the other day around: 8am train to Hiraizumi, arrive just after 9. Visit temples, take the 12:26pm train to Geibikei, arrive at 1:18.

As for filling day 3, why not spend some time in Sendai itself? Visit Zuihoden, etc.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread