Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A night on hell mountain 2015/11/1 05:51
Hi everyone,
I'm about to turn 30 on Nov.9, and at that time I will be travelling around the Shimokita Peninsula. If possible, I would love to spend that day on or around Osorezan -- to ward off the demons of the Roaring Thirties...
However, it seems the temple is closed since yesterday (Halloween -- it figures!). So I suppose the temple accomodation, too, won't be open... right?

In any case, it seems I can stay at the New Yagen Hotel nearby if necessary. But I would still like to admire such a unique place as Osorezan. Since the bus service from Mutsu seems also interrupted already, what other options would there be? Taxi from Ohata or Mutsu? Maybe even hiking from the Yagen Valley to Osorezan?

Any advice warmly appreciated!
Cheers
D-

by Don Caviare  

Re: A night on hell mountain 2015/11/1 09:27

Turning 30 and heading for "hell" already? Wow....!

Taxi from Ohata or Mutsu?
Taxi will set you back about 10000 ‰~

Maybe even hiking from the Yagen Valley to Osorezan?
Will take you over 4 hours

Rental car would be a better option, at least you'll be travelling in comfort?
by Grim Reaper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A night on hell mountain 2015/11/1 10:51
You won't be able to see much of Osorezan, the most interesting parts are within the grounds of the temple and will be closed as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: A night on hell mountain 2015/11/3 18:28
Thanks for your advice, guys.
In the end I'll probably be renting a car from Mutsu, and drive to Osorezan, then on to Yagen valley, before coming back to spend the night in Mutsu.

Firas, from the info I've read here and there, it seems Osorezan itself should be interesting to see even though the temple is closed... Onsen-wise, I'll simply drive to Yagen valley!

Another question: is it possible to hike all around lake Usori?
The only information I found about hiking in the area is on this page: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1805847

...which looks like a nice trek, but not anything compatible with car rental. I wonder if there are other interesting paths in the vicinity?
by Don Caviare rate this post as useful

reply to this thread