Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i bring medicine to Japan 2015/11/1 20:28
i Have a stomach problem(IBS)-doctor prescribed medicine for me for 6 months--the medicine is Mebeverine hydrochloride 6 months(3 daily),metronidazole for 4 months(2 daily),esmoprazole 3 months(1 daily),and also a depression tablets 3 months( 1 daily) i have prescription of a doctor--my question is that is it fine to bring 6 months course of medicine with my self
by JOJO (guest)  

Re: Can i bring medicine to Japan 2015/11/2 10:02
First, you must confirm that none of those contain substances which are controlled or banned in Japan.

If that's good, then since you will be in Japan for more than one month you have some paperwork to do before leaving (called "yakkan shounmei", just Google it). It's just a formality, but you do need to do it sufficiently in advance since you must mail the form to Japan and wait for it to be stamped and returned before your departure. (You must have the stamped form with you when you pass customs.)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring medicine to Japan 2015/11/2 13:06
i am not going there for a month or 2 i have 2 years visa
by JOJO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring medicine to Japan 2015/11/2 13:31
I don't see how this makes any difference.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring medicine to Japan 2015/11/2 15:48
i am not going there for a month or 2 i have 2 years visa

The length of stay doesn't matter. Anyone who brings more than one month's supply of medicine, or syringes or a CPAP machine needs a Yakkan Shoumei. More info here:

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-medimport.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Can i bring medicine to Japan 2015/11/2 15:57
I brought a CPAP machine when I moved to Tokyo earlier this year, not being aware of that little rule. Luckily, made it through with no questions asked.
by doctorsax rate this post as useful

reply to this thread