Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aomori - Wespa without Shirakami Resort 2015/11/1 22:54
Hello,

I was planning to stay 1 night at Furofushi Onsen on january 6 after staying in Aomori, I was planning to reach Wespa-tsubakiyama from Aomori station on early morning by Resort Shirakami #2, but I noticed on that day it will be out of service. ( http://jprail.com/travel-informations/seasonal-trains-schedule/schedul... )
According to that schedule, the only Resort Shirakami available on that day (#4) will arrive too late for making it a worthy sidetrip.

I checked Hyperdia and it show me a huge detour on Ou Line until Higashi-Noshiro, then back toward Wespatsubakiyama as the fastest way.
Now, 3hrs on Resort Shirakami are no problem (also for the nice landscape view), but more than 4hrs and half and 3 transfers on the Ou Line I think wouldn't be so enjoyable and it sounds me like not a good move...

The next day (jan.7) I'll continue my trip via Aomori and the Resort Shirakami #1 will be available on that day, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Also no problem about the money, because I will be using the JR East Pass on both days.

What I would like to ask is: would you recommend to go anyway, or do you think it will be a waste (or not worth it)?
Also, can you confirm that the schedule of Resort Shirakami is correct? Because Hyperdia doesn't show any Resort Shirakami starting from dec.2015 through jan.2016 (maybe still not updated) and there is no timetable on JR-East website anymore.

Sorry for being twisted and writing too much, but I need help to make a decision and eventually modify my reservations.
Thank you.
by FrankIT  

Re: Aomori - Wespa without Shirakami Resort 2015/11/2 10:46
The schedule given for the Resort Shirakami on jprail.com seems consistent with what you can find on eki-net (JR East's official schedule/booking platform): searching for Aomori to Wespa-Tsubakiyama, the Resort Shirakami #2 appears in the results for January 3 and 9 but not January 6.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori - Wespa without Shirakami Resort 2015/11/2 21:11
Thank you Firas, so the schedule is right and if I wanna go on that day and arrive as soon as possible the big detour on the Ou Line is the fastest way...

Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
by FrankIT rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori - Wespa without Shirakami Resort 2015/11/2 21:28
Well, if you leave Aomori very early (5:43), you can take the limited express Tsugaru (instead of regular trains) to Higashi-Noshiro, and then regular trains up to Wespa-Tsubakiyama, you arrive at 9:12 and the whole trip takes only slightly longer than with the Resort Shirakami, but you have to get up early. Other than than, the only reasonable option I can think of is a rental car.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori - Wespa without Shirakami Resort 2015/11/3 06:12
I spent some time considering some alternatives, now I'm thinking about staying one more day in Aomori and make a day-trip at a near location (e.g. Sukayu onsen, ropeway station or somewhere else) and leave the trip at Furofushi onsen for a next trip when the season will also permit visiting the Shirakami Sanchi area.

Thank you again.
by FrankIT rate this post as useful

reply to this thread