Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/3 20:01
Hi everyone!

Trying to broaden our cultural knowledge and wanting to experience the life in a metropolis, a friend and I have planned a trip to Tokyo for 14 days. We are writing our theses as architecture students and as a research want to experience Tokyo. But as ordinary dutch persons we have almost no experience in such a big city and tried to plan our trip beforehand so we have a plan to fall back on. We will be in Tokyo from tuesday 17th november till monday 30th november. This date seemed the perfect time for us to experience fall in Tokyo and still have decent weather.

Tuesday 17th November
Arriving at Haneda airport at 1PM
Limousine bus to Shinjuku Station
Checking in hotel close to Shinjuku Station
Eating and relaxing around the area

Wednesday 18th November
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
Meiji Jungu
Yoyogi Park
Yogogi National Stadium
Shibuya Ward Office

Thursday 19th November
Trip to Kamakura

Friday 20th November
Harajuku
National Art Center
Roppongi (Roppongi Hills Area Christmas Illumination)
Design Sight - Tadao Ando

Saturday 21th November
Kagurazaka
Tokyo Dome City (City Winter Illumination)
Koshikawa Botanical Garden
Koshikawa Korakuen Garden
St. Mary Cathedral

Sunday 22th November
Tokyo Imperial Palace
Yasakuni Shrine
Hara Shobo Prints

Monday 23th November
Trip to other hotel
Ryogoku Korugikan
Edo-Tokyo Museum

Tuesday 24th November
Akihabara Electric Town
University of Tokyo
Ame Yoko
Ueno Park
Tokyo National Museum

Wednesday 25th November
Asakusa
Senso-Ji
Asahi Beer Hall
Tokyo Skytree

Thursday 26th November
Tokyo Stock TOwer
Nihon Bashi Mitsui Tower
Tokyo International Forum
Yurakucho
Ginza
De Beers Diamond Jewellers

Friday 27th November
Tsukiji Market
Tsukishima
Shiodome (Caretta Illumination)
Hamarikyu Gardens
Tokyo Tower

Saturday 28th November
Odaiba
K-museum
Tokyo Big Sight
Clubbing

Sunday 29th November
Relaxing somewhere, not much planned here

Monday 30th November
Trip home

As you can see we have a lot to do in the 14 days, ranging from parks to some architecture highlights. Hopefully someone is able to take a look at our plan and be able to give some tips or suggestions.

Thanks,
Hidde

by Hiddde  

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/4 08:22
There is a lot in your schedule, so I will not comment on all of it. Tokyo has some great architecture and design.

18th - be sure to check the greenhouse at Shinjuku gardens.
20th - after Harajuku go across to Omotesando ( it is the are of high-end fashion stores), but the buildings and design are great - get all the way down to the Prada building.
23rd - also near the Edo museum and stadium is a small park and shrine to the 1923 kanto earthquake - interesing exhibits and buildings (older style).
25th - Skytree to look at or go up? You will see it from Ryogoku. You could just go up the Govt met Building in Shinjuku when you arrive.

If you wanted to add an old part of the city - Kawagoe might be an interesting visit. Otherwise, you look to have an interesting mix of places.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/4 09:20
Could I assume that you have already seen famous architectures in Europe countries such as the Eiffel tower and Piazza San Pietro?
by 7R (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/4 11:05
But the point is that architecture is different in Tokyo - I had a request for an architecture tour earlier this year and there are some great places to go in and around Tokyo - especially around Odaiba.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/4 19:00
Does Nikko sound good to you? It has a number of olden buildings and the mausoleum may interest you.

If you have the budget, a trip to the north of Tokyo like Niigata or Shirakawa-go with give a very interesting architectural experience of olden homes.

I agree with the comment on Odaiba.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/4 22:00
Is that you, Pandemonium?

by Debarun rate this post as useful

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/4 23:12
The person name is Heddie. No?
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/5 00:14
I can see that.

There was this guy in my MMO guild who said he was going to Japan with a friend this November. So he was gathering information or something. Thought this might be him. His username is Pandemonium.

Re: Two students for 14 days in Tokyo 2015/11/5 00:14
I can see that.

There was this guy in my MMO guild who said he was going to Japan with a friend this November. So he was gathering information or something. Thought this might be him. His username is Pandemonium.

reply to this thread