Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To airport for early 6 am flight? 2011/3/8 18:30
We need to leave for Haneda Airport at 3.30 am for a 6.20 am flight. I can't seem to find any limo bus schedule that caters to our needs.

Is it only the taxi available or we need to check in to a hotel at or closeby Haneda on the night of departure?

Thanks.
by JAWKC  

hotel 2011/3/8 19:11
Make it stress free: even though Haneda is not far from say Shinagawa for example, it is MUCH better to be at an airport with complimentary shuttle etc.
Stay in an airport hotel the night before.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Hotel in Haneda 2011/3/9 00:36
The hotel at the airport is the Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu. Travel agents sometimes have good deals for this hotel. I got a room 12 Jan for Y8000 for 1 night (6 AM flight the following morning). You can find other online prices are about Y16,000 per night per room.

http://www.hanedaairporthotel.com/
http://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/en/TE/TE_HANED/index.html

Getting there before the trains start means using a taxi.
by anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

bus liner to haneda 2011/3/10 10:37
You can take this bus liner to Haneda:

http://www.tokyotouchandfeel.com.sg/hndbus.php
by PetrCetera (guest) rate this post as useful

early flight from Haneda airport 2011/3/10 19:06
Thanks a lot. Checking in to a closer hotel is what we plan to do.

The Haneda Excel Tokyu Hotel is full so booked on JALHotel. Do you know how much a cab fare will take?

The touch & feel bus schedule still does not seem to meet our timing requirements.

Thanks a lot.
by JAWKC rate this post as useful

hotel shuttle 2011/3/10 19:12
JAL has a shuttle for 4.30am arrival at departures at 4.40am: I think this is fine for a 6.20am flight.
They time their shuttles for the flights so it should be fine.
by fmj rate this post as useful

in the same boat 2011/7/19 00:54
So what was the travel agent that got you such a great price for the Excel ?
Any other places to get a discount like that?

My flight is at the end of August and is a lay over. The flight LEAVES at 6:40a

AA tells me to be there when they open at 4:30a
But out of the three listed on Japan guide. the one does not leave to 5 and says COULD BE up to 20 min if they have traffic or any delays.

SO for me the Kuko one is out since 5:30a to walk in the door seems to cutting it close.

AA tells me the plan is full. This is my first trip in 18 years, before all the regulations so I really do not know how long it will take to get through customs and immigration if they are busy.

So how long does it take on a busy morning?

AA claims the plane will LEAVE at 6:40a so boarding is earlier. While I know they never leave exactly on time if one were to arrive at 5:30a what are the odds for not missing it?

So honestly I would look at JAL or the Excel but I would only be able to justify the Excel if the price was closer to $100 like someone posted.

I did see a play called Tokyuhotelsjapan.com is listing a single at 12,900 yen before any member discounts.
Member discounts are 10-50% so I am assuming 10% off that would would say $16 us.
You have to spend 500 yen to be a member and to see the prices so I am still not sure about it.
Currently the JAL price is around$88 for a single with shuttle leaving at 4:30a

I am still concerned about the time it takes to actually get from the hotel to and in to the counter to start the process.

I have no idea why the do a flight at this time accept for it being side deal with the local airports...
by magicmark rate this post as useful

reply to this thread