Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap accommodation in Tokyo and Hokkaido 2011/5/9 07:55
any safe areas to recommend?
Thank you so much!!
by yuie (guest)  

. 2011/5/9 17:56
Hokkaido (and to a lesser extent, Tokyo) is a very large area, where do yo plan to go? And what is your idea of cheap?
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/5/10 13:52
Everywhere is safe. For cheap accommodation, look here:
http://www.hostelworld.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

tokyo hotel 2011/5/29 21:40
cheap but nice-- Juyoh Hotel-- depending on dates 2700 ---3200 single room,look up/ read reviews
by bogo58 (guest) rate this post as useful

Have used the Juyoh 2011/5/30 06:59
On every visit I have made to Japan. Its fine, just make sure you realise quite how small the rooms are :) I use it for a night or two while I get over the jet lag. There is a bus stop right outside which will goes to Ueno so its also convenient.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Asakusa is convenient, too 2011/5/30 09:53
I have used hostelworld many times to book my Japan stays. Have stayed at Juyoh before, not a bad place but, at least 10 minutes walk to Minami Senju.Location looks a bit run down, but very safe.
For convenience, kawase hotel and capsule also is good. [Capsules start at less than $20 a night, but they're rather worn] Location is very close to Asakusa Shrine and major rail station [Asakusa also] which can get You everywhere around Tokyo very conveninetly. Any of the hostelworld listings around there would be very convenient too.
Right after the earthquake I stayed at Aizuya Inn -wonderful place! It's very clean, Thier staff was very helpful and accomodating and spoke English well. I was able to get a complementary room upgrade at the price of a basic room. Everyone seems to love thier experience there and I can affirm it.
As for Hokkaido, I have only been to Hakodate. The best I could do was a mid range hotel very close to the train station. They have an 'old time' trolley running through downtown and out the main road. In front of the station You can get the 'Sunset Bus' which will take You to the top of Hakodate Yama to see the sunset. At the summit there is a big souvenir shop, cable car station and observation deck. The bus fare is cheap. Across from the station there are the docks and the fish market, interesting place to visit in the morning.
Best -I hope this information will be useful!
MP
by Martmail rate this post as useful

reply to this thread