Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR East Pass Special or 7 days JR Pass 2011/5/14 16:45
Can you please advise which pass should i use to save money.

22 - Kansai airport to Osaka Station (hotel)
22 - Osaka station to nara station and back
23 - Universal Studio + night @namba
24 - Osaka Muzeum & Castle,Shitennoji,Momofuku,osaka bay & aquarium,Kita and dotombori,
25 - Kyoto spending a day and rent a bicycle for tour
25 take overnight bus from Osaka to Tokyo Station
26 - Tokyo station to Echigo Yuzawa
27 - Echigo Yuzawa to Tokyo Station. Tour Tokyo & sight seeing
28 - Disneyland & Roponggi Area
29 - Disney Sea and Shinjuku
30 - Day tour in tokyo area or nearby hakone
31 - 6am flight back from haneda airport
I am really sorry if its long winded but really need help.
1. If i am taking the jr east pass special, mostly will be 26,27 and 28.But do the japan east pass travels witing tokyo city like ueno, shinjuku, shinagawa all those station
2.Would 7 days pass be more feasible?Looks like my travelling on train is a lot. if i am taking the 7 days pass, i will most likely not take the overnight bus but take the osaka early morning train
Any idea what will be my cheapest mode of travel? thanks a lot
by Confuse traveller (guest)  

. 2011/5/14 18:23
The seven day JR Rail Pass would not pay off, especially as you are taking the night bus to Tokyo.

You don't say what month you are traveling, but the JR East Special Pass would be your best bet for traveling to Echigo-Yuzawa:

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_sp/index.html

The rest of the journeys can be done with single ticketing.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Confuse traveller 2011/5/14 20:05
i will go to yamashita and go skiing in kagura resort on the 26th may and back on the 27th may early morning :) Does the east line travel within tokyo? thanks a lot.
by Confuse traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/5/15 04:20
Yes, the pass i linked to covers Tokyo.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

JR East Pass Special 2011/5/25 00:14
If you`re looking for a JR East Pass Special you can check out this link http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/japan/jr-east-pass
Available for purchase from March 1st to June 20th, 2011
Special: A 3 day Japan Rail East Pass (or JR East Pass) Special Offer is available to overseas visitors beginning March 1st for travel between April 1st and June 30th, 2011*, with fares available for adults and children in Ordinary (standard) class. With the JR East Pass Special Offer, enjoy great savings and a shorter pass validity of 3 flexible travel days, within a 10-day period starting from the first day of use.

Hope that helps!
by Tammy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread