Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamamura to Shimoda 135/134 expressway 2011/5/22 08:41
Hi I am planning to drive from Kamakura to Shimoda on the 134/135 express way along the coast road.

I made this journey before as a passenger, but often fell asleep, this time I plan to be the driver....

But I recall many toll gates and as I will be hiring the car I wanted to know if I can use the same 134/135 highway with the tolls if do not have the card to the toll road....

I recall some of the toll being paid by cash and some were automatic, maybe from the card fitted to the car.....

I am a non resident so I do not have any toll road cards.

Does anone know if I can drive this journey with a hire car and without any specific toll cards or do I need to purchase a toll cards for this journey....

From what I remember the journey as we approached Shimoda was beaiutiful and scenery was wondeful so I want to drive the coast road rather than the mountain road....

Can anyone tell me if I can make this journey with a hire car and without specific toll card or of I need the cards where can I purchase them....

sorry for sucha long question.....

by kodamadesune  

I'm local Japanese 2011/5/23 11:06
So my English may not be correct, but the information is quite accurate!
Yes as you know, several tollgates you have to go through en route 134/135, especially between ODAWARA and ATAMI,but you don't need to arrange some kind of highway card because cash is acceptable.
But please bear in mind you better have small changes in advance, each fee is not expensive but its number is frequent(if my memory is correct, you face tollgates 4 to 5 times)
And FYI, after ATAMI you switch from route 134 to 135, then no tollgate afterwards, but the scenery after ITO is not beautiful. If you have some adventurouse disposition, please select the local coastal line just after going through ITO Port. About thirty minutes ride on winding road, you automatically get back to main route 135 again.
Have a nice trip!!
by sparringenthu (guest) rate this post as useful

ありがとう ございました 2011/5/24 04:13
ありがとう ございました。

ぼく は うれしいい。 たのしい み に。

Your English was perfect.

Your help is very appreciated... I will take your advice, and make the journey you suggested the small mountain road will be very nice for me ! I will try it がんばりよう!!

ほんと に あいがとう ございました。

私わ しもだ と いず だいすき、しもだ のけしき は すごい きれい ね。

Thank you I will have many small coins in my hire car and take time to enjoy the scenery and take maky photos !!

Thank you again....
by kodamadesune rate this post as useful

reply to this thread