Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need help with 25-day Japan Itinerary 2011/5/25 15:05
Dear all, I will be travelling to Japan from 13 Nov 2011 until 9 Dec 2011 and I need help with a few questions I have concerning my travel itinerary which is shown below:-

13/11 : Fly into Tokyo, reach Narita in evening, Night in : Tokyo
14/11 : Train to Kofu then catch Bus to Shosenkyo Gorge (Kofu area), Bus to Kawaguchiko, Night in Kawaguchiko (Fujigoko area)
15/11 : Kawaguchiko area (Tenjosan Observation Point, Chureito Pagoda, Koyo Tunnel), Bus to Sengoku, Night : Sengoku (Fuji Hakone area)
16/11 : Fuji Hakone (Owakudani, Chokoku-No-Mori, Hakone Art Museum & Moss Garden, Mt. Komagatake Viewpoint, Hakone Sekisho, Onshi Hakone Koen, Hakone Jinja), Night : Nagoya
17/11 : Korankei Gorge (near Toyota city), Night : Nagiso
18/11 : Early morning bus to Tsumago, visit Tsumago (main street, Waki Honjin, Tsumago Honjin and Kotokuji Temple) then return to Nagiso by bus and catch train to Matsumoto, visit Matsumoto (Matsumoto-jo and Nakamachi District) then catch bus to Takayama, Night : Takayama
19/11 : Takayama (Jinya-Mae Morning Market, Higashiyama Walk, Sanmachi Suchi), then bus to Shirakawago (Ogimachi) and bus to Kanazawa, Night : Kanazawa.
20/11 : Kanazawa (only Kenrokuen and Samurai Quarter) then on to Nara, Night : Nara
21/11 : Nara (Nara-koen area, include Kofukuji, Todaiji-Daibutsuden & Ni/San-gatsudo, Kasuga Shrine), Night : Nara
22/11 : Horyuji, Toshodaiji and Yakushiji, Night : Nara
23/11 : Sakurai / Asuka area (Hasedera and Tanzanjinja), Night : Kyoto
24/11 until 3/12 : Kyoto, Night : Kyoto (in between this period, if there is time to try and visit Minoh Park, Osaka).
4/12 : Kinosaki Onsen (Canal Area and Onsen experience), Night : Okayama
5/12 : Shodoshima (Kankakei Gorge), Okayama (Okayama-jo), Night : Okayama
6/12 : Okayama (Korakuen), Hiroshima (only Peace Memorial Park, A-Bomb Dome), Night : Miyajima
7/12 : Miyajima (Mt. Misen, Itsukushima Shrine, Momiji-dari Park) & Iwakuni (Kintai-Kyo and Kikokuen), Night : Osaka
8/12 : Ise (only Ise-Jingu and Meota-Iwa), Osaka (Dotombori Area, Osaka-jo, Umeda Sky Building) Night : Osaka
9/12 : Fly home from Kansai Int'l airport via 11am flight.

Questions:-

1) How to forward luggage from Sengoku to Nagoya and from Nakatsugawa to Nagiso?
2) Is it too late to see autumn colors in Minoh Park in early December and
in Momiji-dari Park on Miyajima in early December as well?
3) I cannot find a bus schedule from Higashi Okazaki station to Korankei Gorge. Can anyone help?

Welcome any advice.

Thanks.
Julia.
by julialim  

... 2011/5/25 15:20
How to forward luggage from Sengoku to Nagoya and from Nakatsugawa to Nagiso?

By takuhaibin delivery services:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

Between Magome and Tsumago, there is also a luggage forwarding service on some days of the year:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html

2) Is it too late to see autumn colors in Minoh Park in early December and
in Momiji-dari Park on Miyajima in early December as well?

It varies with the year, but I think your chances are pretty good to see them in Minoh Park. Slightly less good on Miyajima. But if it is a late year, you could be lucky and still see them even in both places. Especially during the first 5 days or so of December.

3) I cannot find a bus schedule from Higashi Okazaki station to Korankei Gorge. Can anyone help?

There seems to be one bus every 1-2 hours. I am afraid the timetable tool is in Japanese (Higashi Okazaki 東岡崎, Korankei 香嵐渓):
http://trainbus.meitetsu.co.jp/bus/BusLine.aspx?param=1
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/5/25 15:23
thanks Uji!
by julialim rate this post as useful

... 2011/5/26 09:31
Just a quick question ... At Kofu Station, which exit (North or South) does the bus to Shosenkyo Gorge leave?

... 2011/5/26 11:24
From the Kofu Bus Terminal on the south side of the station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

trip 2011/5/26 14:30
Frankly you are moving around way too much! how will you ever remember everything that you see?? slow down, slow down...stay in one place for a whole week...
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/5/26 14:39
No worries.. I have my trusty camera to document down all the places i visit and my plans and notes on hand.

I did the same while touring entire Switzerland in 19 days.

It was a great experience... I'm much too restless to stay in 1 place for more than a week. Exception will be in Kyoto because I'll be seeing lots of different sights in the area each day.

reply to this thread