Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

6 days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara 2011/5/28 03:20
I will be based in Osaka for the 6 days. I intend to make daily trips to Kyoto for 2 days, a day trip to Nara and spend the remaining times in Osaka. Should I buy a 3-day and 2-day kansai through pass or prepaid card ? I will also be travelling from Kansai airport to Osaka
by Raymond (guest)  

... 2011/5/28 10:43
You can make the calculations:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

I have the feeling that prepaid cards will come cheaper than a Kansai Thru Pass, especially if you plan your sightseeing in a geographically wise way. But day passes for Osaka and Kyoto could be worth looking into.
by Uji rate this post as useful

?Mt Koya? 2011/5/28 11:27
with 3 days in Osaka maybe you could consider a one day trip to Mt Loya: that would definitely help make a pass pay off
by fmj rate this post as useful

... 2011/5/30 04:00
I would say the kansai thru pass only very useful, because it not only pays for inter-city travel with non-JR trains, but also local bus and subway routes. In Kyoto this would be particularly convenient because extra bus passes cost quite a bit (1000 yen if my memory is right) and traffic on streets on Kyoto, especially during the summer is hectic and subway could be of great use.

That said, the pass is only justifiable if you attempt to visit many sights. Also note that typical Kansai routes e.g. Osaka-Kobe takes longer on non-JR trains normally.
by JC (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread