Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiyomizudera by JR 2011/5/31 00:20
can i go to Kiyomizudera by JR line?
i dont mind walking. which is the train station that is nearest?
by yuiwe (guest)  

. 2011/5/31 11:52
Kiyomizudera is about a 15-20 minute walk from Kyoto Station, the main Kyoto terminal. It's no big deal on a nice day if you're in decent shape - you can also take the subway to the Higashiyama stop, from which it's maybe an 8-10 minute walk. If you're feeling adventurous there are buses from Kyoto Stn that go to Kiyomizu.
by Deeg67 (guest) rate this post as useful

...... 2011/5/31 12:02
I believe it takes a bit longer from Kyoto Station to Kiyomizudera on foot; to the temple itself (not to the bus stop at the foot of the hill), I believe it would take more like 30 - 40 minutes.

It's no adventure taking the bus, that's actually easier, I recall.
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

Take the bus 2011/5/31 15:00
You'll go to Kyoto Station if you're using the JR trains, so just take a bus from the station. It'll save you the walking time (which is definitely not 15 minutes; closer to 30/40 minutes as has been stated).

You could alternatively go to JR Tofukuji Station and transfer to the Keihan Line to go to Kiyomizu Gojo Station, which will take you just below the hill upon which the temple is located.

The bus would be 250 yen and the train would be 150 yen (since Keihan is not JR).
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Bus is easier 2011/5/31 17:46
If I remembered correctly, you can take a bus from outside the station. Also, I think it is cheaper if you buy a day ticket.
by KK (guest) rate this post as useful

generally 2011/5/31 22:28
Generally Kyoto is best explored by bus in my experience. Been there twice now. Bought a bus day card everytime I went sightseeing. Busses go fairly frequent and cover most of the interesting sightseeing locations. For 500 yen you can ride the bus all day. Which is a good deal because riding the bus once will already cost you about 210 yen. I don't know for sure, but i'm hoping Kyomizudera will not be the only thing on your to-do list in Kyoto ;)
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/6/1 01:17
The main issue with the bus is during holiday seasons. They can be very full and uncomfortable, and with heavy traffic, it can take a long time to get around. If you go to Kyoto outside of a busy holiday period, use the bus. If you go during a busy holiday period, avoid them.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread