Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Zippo in airplane 2011/6/2 06:36
First of all, not sure if I should post in "travel" category but anyways

I bought a normal zippo from Japan and I was wondering, is it okay to bring it to airplane? On the website they say that one cigarette lighter is fine as long as it's not "blue fire" or "cigar lighter"

Anyone got experience on this? I filled it as well. When coming to country, I had one normal lighter in my pocket and there were no problems but how does it go with a zippo?
by Penakki  

. 2011/6/3 05:57
Put it in the check in luggage. Some airlines don't allow even one lighter in carry on, so be safe if you want to keep your Zippo.
by Mama (guest) rate this post as useful

Unused Only 2011/6/5 01:14
If your Zippo still has the orange sticker on the back and has never been filled, you can take as many as you want in your checked luggage only. I take some over for gifts occasionally as Japanese Zippos are expensive and they think I've spent a lot (I get them on eBay).

If it's been fueled, you can't take it in the cabin or in your checked luggage because of fuel fumes unless it's in an "approved case."

I gave a "Zippo Otter Box" as a gift once to a Japanese which allows you to take a filled Zippo on US domestic flights (DOT-E 14194) in checked luggage but I don't know if it's the same for international flights or if it even worked in Japan.
http://www.zippo.com/article.aspx?article={6d31673c-b5d2-44f4-bec2-a6a474bfb24e}&Banner=0
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread