Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen-safe after the earthquake? 2011/6/2 20:24
Im leaving to Japan on 10 June 2011. As I've always wished to visit Japan because of their famous onsen, however, am still worried if the water used for the onsen would be safe after the earthquake.Is it safe?
by Stella (guest)  

Onset 2011/6/3 13:15
What do you think might be dangerous about the water?

Also which part of Japan are you going to?
by Cedric (guest) rate this post as useful

Onsen 2011/6/4 15:03
Cedric,

I'm afraid that the water has been reacted with some of the nuclear reaction from the earthquake. I'm going to shinjuku but is planning to visit the ooedo-onset-monogatari.
by Stella (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/6/4 15:37
Stella,

The water that reaches Tokyo has been checked, and the radioactive level has been confirmed to be safe for *drinking.*

So, unless you were planning to visit an area very close to the power plant, I would not worry. Also the water they use in the facility you are referring to is not natural spring water, so no worries.
by AK rate this post as useful

Onsen 2011/6/4 15:52
AK,

Thank you very much! Your answer is really appreciated!
by Stella (guest) rate this post as useful

Whoops 2011/6/4 15:56
Sorry, one correction. The water in Ooedo Onsen Monogatari IS natural hot spring water (dug out from over 1,000 meters below the ground). Once again, no worries, though.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread