Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamakura to Shimoda by local JR trains 2011/6/3 08:14
Hi,

I am thinking about taking a train to Shimoda from Kamakura.

I have checked hyperdia website and the prices are 15000 yen if I use shinkansen and other trains, but my friend who lives in Shimoda told me I can take local JR trains from Kamakura to Shimoda, and it costs 2850 yen per person and it takes 3 hours.

I have tried many ways to fins this price on hyperdia with no luck....

Can anyone help me find this ticket and how to make this journey because the alternative is a hire car and maybe this way is cheaper.....

A hire car is an option because I know the route, but train may be quicker and cheaper ....

Thanks for any help.
by kodamadesune  

Hyperdia search 2011/6/3 13:41
Your friend is right. The journey is just slightly over 3 hrs and the fare is 2850 yen one-way by local train with 2 transfers.

When you do the search on Hyperdia, click on "SearchDetails" and uncheck all except "Ordinary Train", "Japan Railway JR" and "Private Railway". Note that for Shimoda, you have to enter "Izukyushimoda"
by William5 rate this post as useful

Thanks 2011/6/3 15:01
Thank you very much,

I was not checking correclty, I never knew I needed to look for Izukyushimoda !

After your mail I checked and i did find the ticket, thank you very much...

I will make the journey !!

You were very helpful ^^
by kodamadesune rate this post as useful

. 2011/6/3 16:13
On hyperdia please be careful what you enter. You must know the proper station names.

Shimoda station is not related to Shimoda. As mentioned the name of the station is IzukyuShimoda.

Similar to Fukuoka station is no relation to Fukuoka, the main station in Fukuoka is HAKATA station.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/6/4 01:55
Thanks for the advice,

I tried before to find some journies and the distance and time was too long, maybe i used wrong station because i not know correct name....

I think you are correct...

I need be careful and know correct station..

Thank you for your help.

I will be carefull from now.

Thanks

by kodamadesune rate this post as useful

reply to this thread