Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku - Narita 2011/6/3 10:58
So, I was wondering, which way would people recommend using for that trip? When we came, we just used a bus, but as far as I've understood right, the limit of baggage is 2 bags in limo bus.

As it seems, I'll have 4 bags + a bagpack as hand luggage, so bus isn't really an option. My friend will most likely have the same amount. What would be the best way to go to Narita? If I have understood right, I could take Yamanote Line to Nippori and from there Keisei to Narita? Hoewever, is it very crowded on those lines at around 7-8 at morning on a week day (thursday)? Bringing 4 bags to a crowded train car wouldn't be a good idea if it's really packed, I guess. Our flight back to Europe is leaving at 11 am so gotta make it to airport by 10. Was thinking of leaving Koenji at like 6 am so there's good 4 hours to wander around.
by Penakki  

... 2011/6/3 12:25
If you can move the bags yourself, then the Narita Express is another obvious choice. Assuming you can get to Shinjuku station ok, in general the NEX platform/trains are not that crowded. I would not try Yamanote with four bags at 8am!

I guess it might be possible on the limousine bus to have four bags. I'll let others with more knowledge answer that one for you!

Enjoy your trip home!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

nex 2011/6/3 19:50
yeah stay away from the Yamanote line, i struggled with two bags! The nex may be more expensive but it's not worth the hassle to save a few yen.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

About NEX 2011/6/3 23:29
About NEX, if I'm right, the tickets can be bought from reserved seat machines? Can the machines be used in english language and is it possible to pick date, time, entry location when buying the ticket? (Well, quite obviously it's possible but you never know..)
by Penakki rate this post as useful

Yes. 2011/6/4 02:51
The short answer is yes.
If you are not good at machines, you might find it complicating. You might find it better to go to the ticket office.
by IOIO (guest) rate this post as useful

title 2011/6/4 14:08
The NEX may be less crowded but how do plan to manage lugging around 4 luggages each? Subway stations aren't exactly luggage-friendly too.

You could try calling the limousine bus and asking if you could have 2+ luggage, and be willing to pay more.

Or, why don't you try the Takuhaibin luggage delivery service? It's 2400 per luggage (I think) from Tokyo to Narita.
by dokidoki (guest) rate this post as useful

TOKYO-NARITA 2011/6/4 14:38
Be careful - the Narita Express is not running for part of the day-check first.
by sandypiaffe rate this post as useful

... 2011/6/4 14:52
If your flight from Narita is leaving at 11, you need to be at the airport at latest by 9. So.... leaving Koenji around 6 would give you just one hour extra to wander about. (My search told me 7:20 Koenji, change at Shinjuku, then take Yamanote to Nippori, and take Skyliner to Narita, arriving at 8:40.)

If you have 4 pieces of luggage, and if you mean big pieces, you might seriuosly consider sending them in advance to the airport via Takuhaibin. I believe you need to turn them in two or three days in advance of your pick-up at the airport, but walking around with that many pieces would be painful...
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2011/6/4 19:07
Moving the bags around is no problem, 2 of em have wheels and can put the rest 2 on top of the bags with wheels. Only problem is that if it's really crowded, it's not really fun to take a lot of space haha

Oh well, I'll order tickets for NEX I guess, might also consider Takuhaibin altho I'd rather save all the money I can - means I can spend 5000 yens more to shopping if I don't use that service
by Penakki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread