Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

12 Days in Japan Itineary 2011/6/3 21:56
I will be in Japan for 11/12 days from 12/6 to 23/6. I need a little help with my itineary and where to go.

I arrive in Narita at 8.00PM 12/6 and depart Narita at 8.55PM 23/6.

At the very least we are planning to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Mt Fuji and Tokyo.

What would be the most ideal way to travel around these cities, to save the most time? I will be getting a 7 day JR pass.

When we first land and clear customs, will there be enough time to go anywhere? Should we go into TOkyo or just head for ANOTHER train into another city?

How many days would you reccomend for Osaka and Kyoto.

Should we go to Mt Fuji (and FujiQ) in the trip between Tokyo and Osaka/ Kyoto:? Should we stay the night there?

We want to get some partying one or two nights too. (23yo, 3guys, 1 girl).

This leaves us with 4 days for Tokyo in the end of our trip. Currently the accom I am thinking of is Sheraton in TOkyo bay they have a special on
1 day will be covered by DisneySea
another will be taken by Shinjuku, Finza, Akihabara,
There is one more day Shibuya?/ Roppongi/ Maid cafes.
another will be Obaida, toyota megaweb and super autobacs

How does this sound? Suggestions?
by kkkk (guest)  

... 2011/6/5 17:20
GOODAY, SOME COMMENTS IN TEXT I will be in Japan for 11/12 days from 12/6 to 23/6. I need a little help with my itineary and where to go.

I arrive in Narita at 8.00PM 12/6 and depart Narita at 8.55PM 23/6.

At the very least we are planning to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Mt Fuji and Tokyo.

What would be the most ideal way to travel around these cities, to save the most time? I will be getting a 7 day JR pass. YEP, ACTIVATE THE PASS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE YOUR TRAVEL TO OSAKA, THAT WILL SAVE YOU THE MOST MONEY. MAKE SURE YOU DONT TRAVEL ON NOZOMI TRAINS, THEY ARENT COVERED BY THE PASS (UNFORTUNATELY, THAT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE MUCH NICER)

When we first land and clear customs, will there be enough time to go anywhere? DEPENDS ON HOW LONG YOUR FLIGHT WAS. IT USUALLY TAKES ME AN HOUR OR SO TO GET THROUGH CUSTOMS, NARITA IS A BIG AIRPORT SO I WOULDNT COUNT ON BEING OUT OF THERE BEFORE 10PM Should we go into TOkyo or just head for ANOTHER train into another city? IF YOU ARE GOING TO ANOTHER CITY YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO COME TO TOKYO FIRST ANYWAY. ID GET INTO TOKYO AND STAY THE NIGHT AND MAYBE ANOTHER DAY

How many days would you recomend for Osaka and Kyoto. I'D NORMALLY SAY AT LEAST 4 DAYS IN KYOTO, BUT IT WILL BE GETTING HOT THERE, OSAKA MIGHT BE COOLER (I'M NOT THAT KEEN ON OSAKA BUT I HEAR IT IS MORE FUN AT NIGHT). REGARDLESS I'D SPEND 6 DAYS BETWEEN THEM, BURN UP YOUR JR PASS ON THE TRIPS THERE AND BACK AND MAYBE A DAY TRIP OR TWO TO NARA AND KOBE, MT KOYA.

Should we go to Mt Fuji (and FujiQ) in the trip between Tokyo and Osaka/ Kyoto:? Should we stay the night there? I THINK IT IS A BIT OF A PRODUCTION TO GET THERE. THIS TIME I'M TRAVELLING FROM NARA TO HAKONE, IT IS 4 HOURS PLUS AND 3 TRAIN CHANGES, MT FUJI SHOULD BE SIMILAR I GUESS, TRY HYPERDIA.COM AND SEE.

We want to get some partying one or two nights too. (23yo, 3guys, 1 girl). YOU ARE AT LEAST 2 GIRLS SHORT

This leaves us with 4 days for Tokyo in the end of our trip. Currently the accom I am thinking of is Sheraton in TOkyo bay they have a special on
1 day will be covered by DisneySea
another will be taken by Shinjuku, Finza, Akihabara,
There is one more day Shibuya?/ Roppongi/ Maid cafes.
another will be Obaida, toyota megaweb and super autobacs

How does this sound? Suggestions? SOUNDS BRILLIANT. MAYBE TRY TO SQUEEZE IN A NIGHT A NIKKO, IT IS COOLER UP THERE, OTHERWISE LOOKS GOOD. IF YOU ARE STAYING AT SHERATON ON THE BAY THERE MIGHT NOT BE MANY PLACES TO EAT OUTSIDE OF THE HOTEL, IF THAT IS RIGHT BE CAREFUL OF THE DINNER COST, HOTELS TEND TO BE MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE.
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread