Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Checking luggage in Nagoya Station 2011/6/4 04:47
I saw that tickets for next month's sumo tournament in Nagoya were about to go on sale. I was thinking about buying tickets for the day that we'll be traveling from Shirakawa-go to Tokyo and passing through Nagoya anyway. For this to work, we'd need to be able to check our bags at Nagoya station for the day. Would anyone know how safe the assumption is that we would be able to check bags? If you do a Google search for 'nagoya station bag check', the first two hits are a conversation from here from 2009 and a conversation from Fodors.com. In both of them, people mentioned getting to Nagoya station and finding all the coin lockers and the baggage check area full. The Fodors one was during Expo 2005, the world's fair, so that one's understandable, but still. I'd love to go to the tournament, but don't want to get there and be screwed because we're stuck with our luggage. Does anyone here have some familiarity with this station, or have any suggestions on what else we could do with our bags if all the lockers were full? This would be on a weekday, Friday the 22nd if that affects the situation. Thanks.
by Fnord  

.. 2011/6/5 14:26
Just send your luggage from Shirakawago to Tokyo by takkyubin. Pack an overnighter since it takes one day.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread