Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long does J Rail Pass take to ship? 2011/7/8 00:04
Long story short, I jumped on a super last minute trip to JP flying out late monday.. and I am contemplating getting the rail pass, says they ship out fedex 2 days max, but I would like to be a little more certain I can get it in time.. is there any pickup option in Japan or can anyone comment on delivery speed of the pass? Thanks in advance
by bluemonsters (guest)  

... 2011/7/8 11:33
You don't say what country you are in or where you are buying from!

I can go in and pick one up from the local office in Australia. At most I've waited one day for them to ship it to my local travel agent.

I suggest you purchase through one of the listed agents and possibly try and pick it up yourself, or discuss with them directly.
This is the official site listing agents:-
http://japanrailpass.net/eng/en005.html

As far as I know you can't collect them in Japan.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Fedex 2011/7/8 15:44
I had my railpass Fedex'd to me in Tokyo when I was on a last minute trip to Japan a year ago. Delivery was on time, but I was in Tokyo for a week at my delivery address. You'll need a few days flexibilty to be able to receive the pass because of international shipping. I had it shipped from UK with express, so I paid an extra fee.
by Nigo (guest) rate this post as useful

On time 2011/7/8 15:48
With on time I meant the delivery time promised by Fedex, which was 3-5 days if I remember correctly. So you have to ask Fedex about the delivery date.
by Nigo (guest) rate this post as useful

Depends of course 2011/7/10 12:04
I ordered my JR Pass recently and selected the priority mail option from the seller and got my pass in just 2 days! They also had fedex options that were more expensive, but I didn't need it that quickly since my trip is not until the end of the month.
by Cookie (guest) rate this post as useful

Depends where you are 2011/7/10 17:05
If you have an authorized sales office/agent in your city, all you have to do is drop by, fill out the forms, and you can walk away with the exchange order in hand in five minutes!

http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en005.html

Of course, if you're out of town, then it will have to be mailed/couriered to you.
by yvrboi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread