Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

rush hour at subway station 2011/7/8 16:29
may i know what time is the rush hour at the subway stations? especially stations like Tokyo and Shinjuku etc.

thankyou
by Jh (guest)  

.. 2011/7/8 16:37
by Uji rate this post as useful

alternatively... 2011/7/8 18:12
...when you squish onto a train and every part of your body is touching against another human being...with the exclusion of your face if you are lucky...and then you get pushed off the train at a station you really don't want to get off at so other passengers can get off the train and then you jump quickly back on...not realising in your blind panic that this is the way the train works in peak hour...happy memories

I love Japan...can't wait to return.

by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

its me again. 2011/7/8 23:53
so will the crowd be GREATLY reduced after say about 9, 10am?
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Yes 2011/7/9 06:52
You will be fine around 9.30 ish and certainly by 10 am. We try to start our Tokyo days around 9.30 usually and while the trains may still be busy ie not guaranteed a seat, they are not the horror crush of rush hour
by fmj rate this post as useful

awesome 2011/7/9 15:02
I just got back from Japan today and I think the tokyo rush hour is exciting! The yamanote line is so packed but you never get stuck in a station that you don't want to be. I went through rush hour with my backpacing bag on my way in and out of japan and its just fine if you can get a seat when the big rush of people off to a station.
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread