Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding area history 2011/7/8 20:43
So I have a couple of family friends I talk to over skype who live in the Ibaraki Prefecture after recently moving up from the Chubu region, moving to a very rural area. We got into talking about our general areas and places of historical interest, but soon became interesting when they mentioned finding a little Shinto shrine and a well of some sorts. Due to some plant damage, they couldn't read what the little shrine said, but were still interested in finding out more about it because it looks so old. They only found it after cleaning up some earthquake damage since, quite frankly, they were too lazy to until the earthquake (their words, not mine!)

Now, my question about this is; who could they contact to find out what it could had been? They don't know who to get in contact themselves, so asked me if I could help them with this, to which this forum came to mind. Who could they contact to find out their area's history? Would there be any records kept over such findings and anything historical, despite it being so small a discovery?
by Mogtaki  

... 2011/7/10 11:56
I recommend to ask neighbors and the municipal hall.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread