Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

multiple JR passes 2011/7/10 19:54
I'll be taking a 10 week trip to Japan soon and will be doing a lot of traveling. The JR pass seems to be the best option for my needs but I would need to buy three to cover most of the travel in my trip.

Is it possible to purchase three of the JR pass orders close to my departure date and then collect the new ones as I need them from the major JR stations?

Thanks a lot!
by timonty (guest)  

JR 2011/7/11 11:54
I think you can purchase multiple vouchers for passes but you must buy them before coming to Japan as they don't sell JR rail passes in Japan. (passes are only for foreigners) Talk to a travel agent about buying multiple passes for long term trips
by ramen ninja rate this post as useful

jr passes 2011/7/11 12:04
Is it possible to purchase three of the JR pass orders close to my departure date and then collect the new ones as I need them from the major JR stations?

Yes, you can activate them all upon arriving in Japan as you specify which dates that you will be using them on.

3 3-week passes are pretty expensive though. With careful planning you could arrange your trip so that all your long distance travel falls within two 3-week passes, or consider utilizing long distance buses and air passes to save some money. Do you have an itinerary yet?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/11 17:06
To follow on from yllwsmrf's post, it might be that getting multiple passes will not pay off. If you are spending a week or two in areas like Tokyo and the Kansai area, having a pass will not be good value. So if you have an itinerary, let us take a look so we can better advise.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread