Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Homestay for a couple of days 2011/7/10 22:20
Hi all,

I would be really interested to stay with a family on my first trip to Japan. However, I am no longer than a couple of days at a certain location, so I am wondering whether this is at all possible just to spend two nights at someone's place.

My preferred locations would either be Tokyo or Kyoto, so I would highly appreciate. Anyone an idea where guest rooms are offered for just two days maximum?

Many thanks,
Bateman!
by Bateman23  

.. 2011/7/11 11:01
Short term home stay is virtually nonexistent in Japan. Forget it. Long term home stay is usually offered to exchange students, meaning your kid stay at my place and my kid stay at yours when they do overseas exchange student programs.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

couch surfing 2011/7/11 11:23
How about couchsurfing? There's a fair number of hosts in the Tokyo and Kyoto areas.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/index.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

thx 2011/7/12 17:50
Thanks for getting back to me guys. I will definitely have a look into this couchsurfing possibility.

Cheers,
Patrick
by Bateman23 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread