Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport to Osaka at midnite 2011/7/14 13:19
Hi all,

I gonna arrive at Haneda Airport at midnight. And I am planning to go to Osaka. I already read previous question about transportation to Osaka.

What i am gonna ask is about, it is available at midnite? and how much the cost of transportation of Shinkansen tokaido from shinagawa to Shin Osaka.. and how long the trip will going.

Thank you
by Ricky Maulana Muchtar (guest)  

... 2011/7/14 13:45
Unfortunately, the last (Nozomi) Shinkansen from Tokyo to Shin-Osaka usually departs Tokyo at around 9:30pm.

So, you will have to wait until the morning before you can catch the first Shinkansen (usually around 6am, or 6:30am for the first Hikari)

Your arrival time is also probably too late for any of the overnight buses that travel between Tokyo and Osaka.

You don't mention if you will have a JR Pass or not? If you do have one don't forget you will need to get your exchange voucher exhanged for the actual rail pass before you can book and travel on the trains. Most of the offices that can issue the JR Pass don't open until a bit later in the morning and all will be closed when you arrive. Tokyo office opens at 7:30am for example, Shinagawa is 9am. The earliest is Shin-Yokohama at 5:30am but that may not be the easiest to get to.
Full list of offices for the JR Pass here:-
http://japanrailpass.net/eng/en009.html

Hope this helps!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread