Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arima Onsen & Mt. Rokko for 1-Day-Trip 2011/7/18 12:26
I plan to visit Arima Onsen & Mt. Rokko for 1-Day-Trip in early December 2011. My plan is...

- Take a train to Arima Onsen Station (use Kansai Thru Pass) then walk to Arima Zuihoji Park and Tsutsumigadaki Park.

- Take Arima Ropeway to Mt.Rokko then take a bus to Rokko Garden Terrace.

- Take Rokko Cablecar to Rokko Station

I have some question for my trip...

1. I can see Autumn leaves (Koyo) at Arima Zuihoji Park and Tsutsumigadaki Park in early December?

2. If I don't want to take a bus at Arima Onsen Town, Can I walk around Arima Onsen for sightseeing?

3. Should I buy any PASS that suitable for my trip because I need to pay for Arima Ropeway 980 Yen, Bus at Mt.Rokko around 500 Yen and Rokko Cablecar 570 Yen (Total 2,050 Yen).
"Rokko Arima Katamichi Joshaken" is coverd? Where to buy it?

Thank you very much.
by Tor (guest)  

... 2011/7/18 16:15
I can see Autumn leaves (Koyo) at Arima Zuihoji Park and Tsutsumigadaki Park in early December?

Early December seems a little bit late for Arima, but if it is a late year, maybe...

If I don't want to take a bus at Arima Onsen Town, Can I walk around Arima Onsen for sightseeing?

The entire town is walkable. Distances are relatively small.
by Uji rate this post as useful

journey 2011/7/18 16:57
I'm also going to Arima Onsen this year, but in October. Is it busy during this time of year? Also is it easy enough to get to via Kobe?
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

additional question 2011/7/18 17:24
Thank you very much Uji.

I have additional questions about this trip...

1. Where I can buy "Rokko Arima Katamichi Joshaken" 1,700 Yen? It's coverd Arima Ropeway, Bus at Rokko and Rokko Cablecar?

2. "Arima & Rokko 1-day Pass" still on sale? because I read from website Feel-Kobe that say "On sale Saturday 10th April ~ Sunday 26th December 2010"
http://www.feel-kobe.jp/_en/profile/traffic_service/

3. "Arima & Rokko 1-day Pass" coverd Arima Ropeway, Bus at Rokko, Rokko Cablecar and Free for onsen at Kin-no-yu and Gin-no-yu?

Thak you again.
by Tor (guest) rate this post as useful

answer 2011/7/18 17:26
Dear guest,

I'm also going to Arima Onsen this year, but in October. Is it busy during this time of year? Also is it easy enough to get to via Kobe?

I think Arima Onsen still OK in October.
Arima Onsen can reach by 2 ways...

1. By train
- Take Hokushinkyuko Railway from Shin-Kobe Station to Tanigami Station
- From Tanigami Station, take Shintetsu Arima/Sanda Line to Arima Guchi Station
- From ArimaGuchi Station, take Shintetsu Arima Line to Arima Onsen Station
Cost 720 Yen (~ 30 min.), It's fully coverd by Kansai Thru Pass.

2. By Ropeway from Mt. Rokko (One Way 980 Yen)

... 2011/7/18 17:48
1. Where I can buy "Rokko Arima Katamichi Joshaken" 1,700 Yen?

At the lower station of the Rokko Cable Car or the Arima Ropeway.

It's coverd Arima Ropeway, Bus at Rokko and Rokko Cablecar?

Yes.

"Arima & Rokko 1-day Pass" still on sale? because I read from website Feel-Kobe that say "On sale Saturday 10th April ~ Sunday 26th December 2010"
http://www.feel-kobe.jp/_en/profile/traffic_service/

Yes, the pass is also available in 2011. The cost is 2300 yen for just the free area, but there are other versions available that also cover access to Rokko, for example, by Hankyu or Hanshin Railways.

"Arima & Rokko 1-day Pass" coverd Arima Ropeway, Bus at Rokko, Rokko Cablecar and Free for onsen at Kin-no-yu and Gin-no-yu?

No, it is Kinnoyu OR Ginnoyu, but not both. The rest is covered.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2011/7/18 19:59
Thank you very much for your answer, Uji.

reply to this thread