Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ishinomaki in March 2012 2011/9/4 05:12
Does anyone know the current condition of Ishinomaki City? I will be in the area in March 2012 and I know much can change by then, but the condition now could be used as a measuring stick to gauge what it may be in the near future.

I wonder if anyone knows the condition of the tourist-related attractions within the city. I remember there being a manga museum, yet I cannot find any definitive information as to its condition.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

John
by John (guest)  

... 2011/9/4 09:09
Does anyone know the current condition of Ishinomaki City?

There is a big difference between the coastal areas hit and destroyed by the tsunami, which will remain mostly inhabited for some time to come, the central area around the station which was flooded by the tsunami and shaken by the earthquake, but where many buildings remained intact, and the part of the city which was not even reached by the tsunami. The situation has improved in the city center, where many shops have reopened.

However, the Ishinomori Manga Museum, which is located along the coast and was badly hit by the tsunami, I am afraid, is still closed, and no date of re-opening has been announced yet.

The museum was really the only major tourist attraction, and until its reopening there will be little to do for tourists.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread