Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kobe Earthquake Museum 2011/9/5 00:06
Hello!

The earthquake museum in Kobe looks HUGE in the photos. How much time is recommended to tour the place?

Thanks
by sikidhart  

... 2011/9/5 09:55
Not the entire building is filled with nothing but museum space. But there is a lot to see. The time to see the museum greatly varies between people. Some just browse through quickly. Others look at every exhibit and hands-on feature carefully. Accordingly, I guess that visitors typically spend 30-120 minutes in the museum.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2011/9/5 18:38
The museum is really not that big. I was surprised that there are not so many artifacts/displays.

It is still interesting but you should only need about 1.5/2 hours.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Kobe Earthquake museum 2011/9/6 07:28
It took me about 2.5 hours to cover the major exhibits (in both buildings). Make sure to ask for the English audio device since the movie at the end and other explanations are strictly in Japanese. Several guides speak fluent English and have experienced the 95 quake personally so it would be interesting to get their point of view. A really impressive museum!
by Zeevy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread