Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do I need a visa going to japan? 2011/9/5 07:32
I'm living in the Philippines and wants to go to Japan for a 2 weeks visit. Do I need a visa?
by Maria (guest)  

... 2011/9/5 10:05
It depends on your citizenship. If you have Filipino citizenship, yes, you will need to apply for a visa before traveling to Japan. Here are more details:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2011/9/5 12:24
My wife is Malaysian (Australian Permanent Resident) and she had to get a 90day tourist Visa to travel to Japan.

In addition to the Visa application with photograph the Japanese consulate also required:
1/. Her itinerary for the duration of her stay in Japan.
2/.Confirmation of reservation details for accomodation from each hotel for each night of stay.
3/. Airline ticketing showing confirmation/payment of return flights to/from Japan.
4/. Her bank and financial details showing evidence that she could support herself during 6weeks of herstay. (Despite us travelling as a family of 4 and me being the 'breadwinner'!)

The Consulate did check to see that all the accomodation reservations/confirmations were in order as they called us a few times with questions while they were processing the visa.
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread