Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

nikko tour - timetable 2011/9/7 15:30
Hello. I'm going to Nikko next month with my husband and daughter for an overnight stay. We are booked at an inn very near the Toshogu shrine. We have 3 major items in our 2-day itinerary:

Day 1: (Arrival)
1) The shrines (Toshogu, etc.)
2) Tobu World Square

Day 2:
3) Lake Chuzenji area (Kegon, Ryuzu, etc.)

Is this arrangement OK in terms of time? Or would you suggest exchanging 2 and 3?
I was thinking of spending the whole 2nd day for the lake area, so we can just take our time slowly. But would you rather spend one whole day for Tobu world square instead? Please help.

PS: What type of Tobu Nikko Pass would you recommend for this itinerary? World heritage, Kinugawa theme park or All-Nikko?

Thanks a lot!
by quicksilver (guest)  

... 2011/9/7 17:58
Tobu World only requires a couple of hours. An entire day would be too much. So, I think the current plan is not bad. If you don't have too much luggage, you could head directly to Tobu World Square first and then proceed to the shrines of Nikko afterwards. That would save you a little bit of time.

What type of Tobu Nikko Pass would you recommend for this itinerary? World heritage, Kinugawa theme park or All-Nikko?

World Heritage Pass:
Pass: 3600 yen
does not cover Okunikko bus: 2650-3000 yen for a 2-day bus pass
does not cover World Square: 2000 yen
TOTAL: 8250-8600 yen

Kinugawa Theme Park Pass:
Pass: 4000 yen
does not cover shrines: 1000 yen
does not cover Okunikko bus: 2650-3000 yen for a 2-day bus pass
TOTAL: 7650-8000 yen

All Nikko Pass:
Pass: 4400 yen
does not cover shrines: 1000 yen
does not cover World Square: 2000 yen
TOTAL: 7400 yen

The price for the 2-day bus pass differs depending on how far into Okunikko you want to go (2650 yen as far as Ryuzu Falls and Senjogahara Marsh; 3000 yen as far as Yumoto).

The 2000 yen entrance fee for the Tobu World Square is calculated assuming you use the following online discount coupon:
http://www.tobuws.co.jp/en/coupon/index.html

The 1000 yen for the shrines is calculated assuming you will use the 1000 yen combination ticket.

So, s you can see, I recommend the All Nikko Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you!!! 2011/9/7 19:09
Thank you very much for your reply Uji! You don't know how helpful this is to us.

Thanks a lot!

PS. I'm so impressed reading your travel profile. More power!
by quicksilver (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread