Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mobiles in Japan without an alien card 2011/9/7 20:52
Hi guys, my friends and I doing a 11 day trip and will need to carry mobiles. We would like to purchase a cheap Japanese handset for use on the trip and to keep as a souvenir.

We have already found a few that will also work overseas but softbank with whom we want the phones from, indicated we wont be able to buy phones unless we have an alien registration card (stay for ~90days i think).

Are there any other places where we can purchase phones to use without needing an alien card?

Thanks in advance!
by Juejuebao (guest)  

Softbank 2011/9/8 10:26
Hello,

http://mb.softbank.jp/en/prepaid_service/purchasing_procedures.html

You dont need an Alien card to buy a prepaid phone at softbank.
Just some sort of identity proof like a Aliencard or a drivers license or a valid passport (of any country)

Its really quite easy and in the big softbanks shops they often have somebody who can at least speak a bit English to explain you how it works.
The phone is 3000 Yen and you have to buy a prepaid card for at least 3000 Yen too.

If you want to have unlimited email you need to pay another 300 Yen.

So in total its 6300 Yen for the whole thing.

by HenkiF (guest) rate this post as useful

Mobiles in Japan without an alien card 2011/9/8 15:20
Thanks heaps!! :D
by Juejuebao (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread