Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

12 days to spend in Japan 2011/9/8 18:14
Hello I have 12 days to spend in Japan on March and the places I would like to visit are as follows : 4 days Tokyo, 3 days Nagoya, 1 day Hiroshima site, 2 days Kyoto and 1 day Hakone in which order I should visit first in order for me maximize my 14 days JR pass and also I don;t have to be back tracking some places.

I live in Toronto by the way if that helps and also did you buy your ticket on-line or I should get a travel agent to do it. I was told that 3 months beofre I leave should be the best time to buy my ticket since Feb and march are low season. Thanks. appreciate ny suggestions.

This will be my first time I am going solo.

MG
by MG DIZON (guest)  

... 2011/9/8 18:29
in which order I should visit first in order for me maximize my 14 days JR pass

It depends on where you enter and exit Japan. So, I assume you enter and exit through Tokyo, and suggest the following order:

Tokyo - Hakone - Nagoya - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Tokyo
by Uji rate this post as useful

Farthest destination first 2011/9/9 08:13
I will go to the farthest destination first then work my way back to Tokyo (We have used our JR Passes from Tokyo all the way down to Beppu).

My itinerary will be as followed: Tokyo – Hiroshima – Kyoto – Nagoya – Hakone then back to Tokyo.

Have fun…
by A WELLS (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/9 08:20
I forgot to explain my suggested itinerary:

Tokyo - Hakone - Nagoya - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Tokyo

I created it in a way that train rides are never longer than 3 hours. And I put Kyoto in the end in case you travel in late March, in which case the chances of having some cherry blossoms is highest (but usually even late March is too early).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: tickets or pass 2011/9/9 12:43
I have 12 days to spend in Japan on March
in which order I should visit first in order for me maximize my 14 days JR pass

On the assumption that you will enter and exit Japan at HND,
regular tickets can be better than a 14-day Japan Rail Pass
because the regular JR cost can be less than 40800 yen if you travel on the route shown by A WELLS or the one explained by Uji,
or it could be further more cost-saving if you use a 7-day Pass for trips to Nagoya, Kyoto and Hiroshima and pay separately for a Hakone trip.

I was told that 3 months before I leave should be the best time to buy my ticket since Feb and march are low season.

An Exchange Order is valid only for 3 months.
(You cannot turn in your Exchange Order for a Japan Rail Pass if you mistakenly buy it more than 3 months before the date.)
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en006.html

You can make a seat reservation only from one month before your ride regardless of whether you use your Japan Rail Pass or buy regular tickets.

The term from 21 March to 5 April is destined as a busy season, during which express charges are a bit higher, by some JR companies related to your journey.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Thank you.... 2011/9/9 13:41
Thanks you guys - Uji, Omotenashi and A Wells for all your adviced. They are something worth considering and this will surely help me to finalized my itinerary.
I am so excited!!!!
by Mary Grace Dizon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread