Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I think I need big help here 2011/9/9 08:37
Hi there,

I think I need big help.We have been in Japan for 1 1/2 years we haven't been travel anywhere yet. We stay in Yokohama all this time. When I saw this forum everyone go everywhere in Japan. I waste
of time here.

My problem is I don't know where to start.
I even haven't got experience of onsen yet.
Please help someone.
by nidjet  

... 2011/9/9 08:45
I recommend to read on all the wonderful places near Tokyo and across Japan and then pick places that interest you personally most and organize trips. If you have limited time, note that there are many great daytrip or weekend destinations in relative close proximity to Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1103.html

Or if you have more holiday time at your disposal, you can pick any destination of you choice nationwide:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html

I recommend to start looking at the destinations and attractions with 2 or 3 red dots. But most of all: choose the one that seem most appealing to you and your personal interests.
by Uji rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2011/9/9 08:50
We go anywhere cos we use a JR pass which is very convenient. However you can't buy that being in Japan.

If you wish to go to an Onsen try searching the site first a bit.

If you want to start moving around. I would recommend you begin at Kamakura, which is close to you. If you can take at least 4 days try going to Kansai (Kyoto, Nara, Osaka)

Takayama is cool too, but there is no shinkansen directly. You need to go to Nagoya and change to regular train.

If you can take more days fly to Hokkaido or to Kyushu. The train will be almost as expensive. I went from Kyushu to Hokkaido by train in different days, but because I had the jr pass, being there searching for flights is more convenient.

Best luck!
by Hana22 rate this post as useful

JR pass 2 2011/9/9 08:54
I mean of course you can buy JR pass for regions, but not the one us foreigners use.

Also, I mentioned these places, because I thought you have been to Tokyo, which is awesome. I would begin moving near your area first.

The site has plenty of information by regions, so you can see what is more suitable for your taste.

Best luck
by Hana22 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread