Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost of Suica Over 2 Weeks 2011/9/11 05:07
Hi all!

I'm heading for Tokyo, for 10 days, in early November and thanks to this forum I have my trip pretty well planned but I do have one question.

I know the Suica card is 2000yen to purchase on its own (I am getting the Keisei skyliner from Narita), but on average how much money will I go through a day?

I'll be staying in Ueno and mostly going to one "area" a day (eg. Shibuya one day, Shinjuku another) and will be spending 2 of the 10 days outside Tokyo (Hakone and Kamakura) - so how much should I budget for Suica use?

Thanks!
Heather
by Heather_M (guest)  

... 2011/9/11 09:02
on average how much money will I go through a day?

If you see just one area per day in central Tokyo, you will be typically spending around 260 to 500 yen per day. Or you might even be able to walk there. One ride in central Tokyo typically costs between 130 and 250 yen.

The cost for side trips varies a lot. A side trip to Kamakura costs around 2000 yen. As for Hakone, I recommend to use a Hakone Free Pass rather than Suica, unless you don't use much transportation within Hakone, at all.

Access to Hakone is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/11 16:16
Thanks very much! This helps me a lot!

Heather.
by Heather_M (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread