Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Possible itinerary in Kyoto? 2011/10/20 08:56
I'm visiting Kyoto this November on the 15th.

Taking an overnight bus from Tokyo, arriving in Kyoto early morning on the 15th (like at 7:00am) and not leaving until 11pm back to Tokyo.

Is this itinerary possible: (Not in any particular order)

Fushimi Inari Taisha
Kinkakuji Temple
Kiyomizu-dera Temple
Nijo castle

I'm honestly not sure if this is too much or too little in a whole day basis. Any suggestions?
by liv3  

Re: Possible itinerary in Kyoto? 2011/10/21 07:41
It depends on the person. If you prefer a slow pace, it can be too much. Otherwise, it can be done.

Look up opening hours in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/10/21 09:23
Is this itinerary possible: (Not in any particular order)

Fushimi Inari Taisha
Kinkakuji Temple
Kiyomizu-dera Temple
Nijo castle

I'm honestly not sure if this is too much or too little in a whole day basis. Any suggestions?

Obviously it depends on personal preference, but I would do the above in one day and be happy (I'd include a bit more and be fine too).

Go to Fushimi Inari first as it essentially doesn't close.

I'd then go back to Kyoto station and then head for Kinkakuji. If it was me, I'd catch the subway and then take a taxi. If you don't mind a bit of extra time then the one-day bus pass and taking the bus would be ok too.
Do Kinkakuji, you don't need too long here, maybe an hour or so is fine.

Then catch a bus/subway to Nijo castle. After Nijo Castle head to Kiyomizudera.

You could include a few other temples around Kiyomizudera if they interest you. Kodaiji would be one.

Because you don't leave until late you may also want to see a night illumination somewhere. Eikando would be an option, or Kodaiji or Kiyomizudera. Most start at 5:30pm, and you have to exit and re-enter (and pay again).

I'd also probably go to Gion and down Pontocho after Kiyomizudera/night illuminations before returning to Kyoto station.

If it was me I'd add Tofukiji straight after Fushimi Inari as it is stunning in Autumn.

The above is obviously a fairly fast pace, but if you only have one day...

If you prefer something slower then your initial list of four would be fine.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread